Chapter 7: I am

The damages and losses from that excursion were strong enough to shake the entire exploration team. Erwin Smith and the responsible parties were summoned to answer before the courts, and Eren will have to be handed over to the authorities.

... Or not?

Currently, Y/N, Levi, and Eren are sitting at the table in the base of the Scout Regiment.

Levi: "They arrived late. Erwin and his damn people make me wait. Our Military Police escorts will be here first. Maybe he's constipated again."

Eren: "You're quite talkative today, Captain."

Levi: "Leave me alone. Talkativeness is in his personality."

Eren, on his part, expected some jokes from Y/N, but noticed that he remained quieter than usual, playing with a symbol.

Eren: "I'm sorry... if I hadn't made the wrong decision, this wouldn't have happened."

Y/N: "Eren, don't distress yourself."

Eren turned slightly to look at Y/N, who continued playing with the insignia.

Y/N: "This isn't your fault. At that moment, you didn't have enough strength, whether mental or physical, but strength is built through a series of cumulative results. Experiencing defeat and triumph helps us grow and develop as individuals."

Eren still didn't seem satisfied with the response.

Eren: "Even so..."

Levi: "I already told you, no one ever knows what will happen."

The door opened to reveal Erwin, Hange, Armin, Mikasa, and Jean.

Erwin apologized: "I'm sorry for being late. We've identified the person who is likely the Female Titan."

Y/N: "What...?" he asked, slightly anxious.

Erwin: "This time, we'll catch her."

Everyone sat around the table, and Erwin began to explain his plan.

Erwin said, "The operation will start the day after tomorrow. The location is Stohess, where we'll be passing through to the royal court. This is our only chance. If we can't escape from there, we'll inevitably fall into the hands of the authorities. Then it will be even harder to pursue those who plan to destroy the walls. Humanity's annihilation will become more imminent. We must bet everything we have on this operation. The plan is as follows: as we pass through Stohess, Eren will act as bait to lure the target into this tunnel. If you can get her inside, even if she transforms, she won't have the space to use her power. But if she happens to transform before that, we'll have to rely on Eren."

Y/N: "How do you know the target will be there?"

Erwin replied, "Yes, because she's in the police."

Eren asked in surprise, "The police?"

Erwin: "Armin found out. She's also suspected of killing the captive Titans. Plus, she's a cadet from the 104th."

Eren looked at Erwin in astonishment and asked.

Eren: "Wait a minute, the 104th?"

Erwin: "The suspected Female Titan's name is Annie Leonhart."

Eren couldn't believe what he was hearing. He sat in silence for a few moments, processing all the information he had just received. His face reflected a mixture of surprise and disbelief, and his eyes were wide open.

Eren: "Annie is the Female Titan? Why do you think that, Armin?"

Armin responded without looking at Eren.