Chapter 4: A Horse With No Name

The wall closed behind them as the expedition began. They were riding in a straight line, cutting through a strong wind.

The rookies are losing their heads, being led by the veterans, they crowd at the back of the wall, making way for the supply carts.

They were generating steam as the horses moved, pulsating in rhythm with their backs.

Titans appeared along the formation line, attacking the soldiers, while two members of the support team quickly finished them off. Everyone was energized and ready to continue.

"Advance! Advance!"

The kids were losing their minds due to the evident fear of having so many Titans brushing against the vanguard line they were advancing through, but suddenly, Y/N appeared in the air, disposing of the remaining Titans before landing back on his horse.

Eren, who witnessed the Titans' demise, looked at Y/N in surprise.

Eren: Y/N is the one who breaks the lines to kill the Titans that breach the long-range formation... he's like a pivot in the game, making moves...

Eren began to recall Gunther's words as members of Levi's elite squad passed by him to start forming the long-range formation.

Gunther: "The support team can only assist us until the old village. After that, we're on our own in Titan territory... we can only rely on Commander Erwin's long-range scouting formation and, within the formation, hope that the pivot team breaks the lines the Titans breach."

Gunther then pointed to a part of the formation.

Gunther: "We'll go this way, being surrounded by the pivot wing."

Y/N: "And that's where I come in, me and a small group of two have to move from wing to wing of the formation to ensure there are no issues with the Titans."

Eren: "Like being in shortstop."

Y/N: "Exactly. Well, the game tactic worked."

Returning to the actual "field," Eren looked at Auruo to speak to him.

Eren: "Auruo... Do you think... my friends can defeat the Titans?"

Auruo turned to look at him, slightly irritated, with a sharp smile.

Auruo: "Huhhh? What have you been doing all month, Eren?"

Eren: "Huh?"

Auruo: "Listen, kid... This reconnaissance mission heavily relies on how much you can avoid fighting the Titans. The Titans that breach encounter the Pivot Team--"

Eren witnessed once again as Auruo bit his tongue, no longer surprised by how many times it had happened.

At the forefront of the formation, where Erwin directed the movements, he extended his arm to the side.