✿ Eight ✿

Stiles and River exit the school walking over to Stiles jeep and getting in. Stiles pulls out of his spot and starts driving before Derek pops out in front of them with his hand out, then he collapses to the ground. River gasps jumping out of the car and moving to check on the werewolf. "Derek?"

"What are you doing here?" Scott asks Derek. Where did he come from?

"I was shot." Derek breaths out and River grabs his hand lightly noticing the blood trickling down it.

"He's not looking so good, dude." Stiles points out.

"Don't be rude Stiles. Are you ok?" River whispers the last part and Derek gives him a small tight lipped smile.

"Why aren't you healing?" Scott asks frantically as people honk in he background River looks at Derek worriedly as the man continues to breath heavily.

"I can't. I-it was a different kind of bullet." Derek sighs.

"Wolfsbane." Derek nods.

"Wait. That's what she meant when she said you had 48 hours." Scott realizes.

"Wait what?" River mumbles.

"What? Who said 48 hours." Derek pants quietly grunting in pain. River felt really bad for him he wished he could help.

"The one who shot you." Derek groans in pain his eyes flashing blue. River gasps grabbing the werewolf's arm gently as Derek bites his lip.

"What are you doing? Stop that." River slaps the back of Scott head and helps Derek to his feet. River and Scott help Derek into Stiles jeep with River climbing in the back. Derek grunts his head hitting the back of his seat as stiles pulls away.

Derek shrugs of his jacket and River looks at his arm in concern. "Try not to bleed out on my seats, okay? We're almost there." River hits his brother and Derek looks to Stiles.

"Almost where?" He grumbles.

"Your house." Stiles sighs keeping his eyes on the road.

"What? No, you can't take me there." Derek perks up looking concerned.

"I can't take you to your own house?" Stiles laughs dryly clearly annoyed.

"Stiles! Stop being a dick!" Stiles pulls over and turns to Derek.

"What happens if Scott doesn't find your little magic bullet? Hmm? Are you dying?" Stiles asks Derek looking to his brother slightly.

"Not yet. I have a last resort." Derek says through pants.

"What do you mean? What last resort?" Derek slowly rolls up his shirt sleeve and River gasps covering his mouth with his hand. "Oh, my god! What is that?" Stiles says turning away. "Oh, is that contagious? You know what, you should probably just get out."

"Start the car. Now." Derek says slowly.

"I don't think you should be barking orders with the way you look. I'm fact, I think if I wanted to, I could probably drag your little werewolf ass out into the middle of the road, and leave you for dead." Stiles says sassily.