Chapter 14: Epilogue

Y/n's P.O.V
-------------------
It's been Two months since the incident of Silent Hill. After we saved the girl from there, the department gave praise to me and Sara. I didn't care much of it. Sara likes it but I don't blame her.

I now walked into the building and it was my good friend, Caitlyn, waiting for me at the door.

Caitlyn:"well well well, look who's back again."

Y/n:"hey Caitlyn. Haven't been bad, were you?"

Caitlyn:"bad? Without you? You're funny." *Jokingly*

(Her new outfit, obviously)

Y/n:"so, what'd I miss?"

Caitlyn:"ever since both you and your partner got back, nothing but praises around here."

Y/n:"meh I don't care about that. I'm just happy to be back."

Caitlyn:"actually, there is people who wants to meet you."

Y/n:"what? Who?"

Caitlyn:"you'll see, follow me."

She left me confused but decided to followed her. While we walked out of my office, she mentions that the Captain made some changes around the building. Which means more offices, more police cars and possibly new transfers as well.

As soon well reached to the entrance, I saw possibly a married couple with the same girl that me and Sara rescued.

The man walked to me first and held his hand out first

??:"Hi, my name is Christopher. T-this is my wife, Rose."

Rose:"hi, very nice to meet you."

Christopher:"I just.... Wanna say thank you. For saving our daughter. They, told us that you were one of the best."

Y/n:"I uh, don't want any praise's or anything. When I heard she was missing, I knew that I could do it."

I then looked over and saw Sara and Sharon playing Patty Cakes (correct me if I spelled that wrong). And it seems like they enjoyed each other's company. It was nice to see things back to normal. After meeting the families and Sharon saying their goodbyes, me and Sara walked back inside.

Sara:"wow, that was fun."

Y/n:"yeah. But now, I gotta go speak with the Captain."

Sara:"sounds good, I'll be at the coffee machine with Vi."
------------------------------------------------------
Timeskip:{1 hour later}

After at least an hour passed by since I talked to the Captain, me, Caitlyn and Vi were all met at a nearby Bar, having drinks.

It was nice to have a break like this. From the stress of other cases or just the job itself. While I drank alone, until Caitlyn comes up next to me with a bottle of beer

Caitlyn:"and you aren't with me and the other's, why?"

Y/n:"eh just, thinking."

Caitlyn:"thinking of what?"

Y/n:"everything. Silent Hill, the Cults there. And just... My life in general."

Caitlyn:"I think you're overthinking it."

Y/n:"maybe, but who knows. Actually uhm... I have to tell you something."

Caitlyn:"sure thing. What you got to say?"

Y/n:"Caitlyn uhm.... What I want to say is that...-"

Vi:"hey! Come on, let's play some Pool!"

Caitlyn:"hold on!" *Looks at Y/n* "sorry, what were you saying?"

Y/n:"I'll..... Tell you another time."

Caitlyn:"well alright. But I'm holding you to it."

With Caitlyn walking away, I finished my beer and was on my way to catch up with them. But I caught a glimpse of some hooded guy, watching from the corner but I paid no attention to that since I thought it was the alcohol kicking in. All I know is, is that my life is fine like this. And I know I can always count on my team.
----------------------------------------------------

Well, this wraps it up. I know I took so long and I'm sorry for taking this so long to finish. But if this story does well enough, maybe I'll start a sequel to this.

Anyways, have a blessed day and peace out.