The Not So Ugly Truth

After School

Lyric P.O.V.

After school Jay took me to his place for a while. We didnt do ANYTHING! I thought he liked me! ...Friend Zone It Is...We watched BEt for a while...Then he got a text from Chre saying that were on their way to the park. I have no idea why they want to go to a park, whats so cool about a park at night time anyway? We left and it was about a 10 minute drive, we're pulling in now. I think Jacob and his girl got  out a little bit before us. He looked pissed....*sarcasticly* I wonder why!

We went over to Chre and Shay. Jacob and his girl, i think her names Kayla. shes kindda pretty....Well they went a sat on a differetn bench, I know it had to do with me. What the fuck is Jacob's problem???What did i ever do to him??? I sat next to Shay and Jay sat next to Chre, so it was like Jay, Chre, Shay and me...Why didnt Jay want to sit by me???I never should have believed Shay...Wait! Do i like him??? Does he think i not like him??? UGH! Why do boys have to be sooo complicated??? I wish i was still a kid again, back when i never had to worry about any of this. Then i got a text from Jay. He told me to meet him by the trees.

He got up and went kindda into the trees. I followed him. 

"Lyric, do you think you can help me with something?" He looked desperate. "Depends, what is it?" He hesitated slightly. "Uh..Im sorry if i led you on or anything...Can we just..like um, Be friends.?" He looked down, and wouldnt look me in the eye. "i thought we were friends..." I dont know where this was going, but i now know he doesnt like me. Okay, time for the poker face.lol. "I know but, nothing more." He was making me mad now, does he think im stupid?? I can take a damn hint! "But we are nothing more. So what do you want me to help you with?!?!?" He looked up. "Oh, yeah. Uh, do you think you can help me get my girl back??" Who the fuck was his girl?? "And that is...." "LaKayla. The one with Jacob..right now." Ah, so thats why he absolutly hates Jacob....should i help him? "What could i do to help you?" "Uhhhh....Um, Could you like...uhm. Get Jacob to like somebody else like...you?" "NO! He HATES me! I cant get him to like me! I wouldnt even want to! I could probly make somebody else look better than kayla and he could fall for them, but I will NOT make him like me!" I was freaking out! why would he think i would want/make Jacob to like me??? This Nigga Crazy! "Ok, sorry i asked." He didnt look sorry, more like pissed. "I could maybe, just maybe make him notice my cousin...and help them hook up..." This was so awkward..."Okay..uh thanks...Okay.Wanna go back?" "Uh..sure." I started to walk away. That was probly the most awkward moment of my life...I went and sat by Shay again...She looked at me and was smiling really big, then she texted me. She asked what me and Jay did, I simply told her nuthing. Then that escalated into a big conversation about my cousin Blaze who is supposed to be here soon. Then we started texting in me and Blazes' trini accent. So we cracked up because of that!! Chre and Jay looked at us like we was crazy...They really dont understand us girls...

Jacob and Kayla walked over to us...Jacob was looking straight at Chresanto and only him. If hes always like that i dont think ill be able to heelp Jay...And hes my 'friend' so i have to help him right??? I was looking at Jay and i didnt even know it until he looked right at me and met my gaze. I still didnt know he was looking at me until he said my name. "Lyric?" I snapped out of my thoughts and thats when i noticed i was staring RIGHT at him. I blushed...alot! "oh sorry." I looked away from everyone and immidiatly fell back into my thoughts. I guess its better that Jay doesnt like me back, that way i wil not embarress myself horribly with him. If i do, then we could prolly just like..Laugh it off.UGH! i miss the times when you didnt have to be pretty or dress nice to be around a boy...I miss being a kid and not giving a shit...Life is so hard as a teenager!

"Lyric!" Shay shouted. "What??? Ya dont have to yell at me!" I shouted back. "Well ive called your name about 9 times already!" Then she laughed. 'What was you thinkin bout" She probly thinks it has to do with Jay..Fuck him! He didnt have to lead me on like that! Everybody in my life is just making me mad right now!!! "Nothing, so are we going?? What was the point of coming up here anyway? All we did was sit aroud and talk..We couldda did that at somebodies house.." "Well...I honestly dont know, Chre wanted to come up here and i always go everywhere withg him...so, do you like Jay???" Now she cares??? "I thought i did...guess not tho." "dont worry, youll find your Mr.Right..i have a feeling its gonna be soon too..." This girl crazy! "What do you mean, 'you have a feeling'?You crazy Shay" I shake my head..."Well, when my mom was always around my stepdad, before he was my step dad, My eye always twitched, and it did when i was round Chre,and i love him. and now when im round you...But that one time Jay wasnt there...It was just me you, Chre and......Jacob." She looked like she just seen a ghost. I looked where she was staring, and it was Jacob. "What you trynna say." I asked,raising my eyebrows, daring her to say i love jacob, or vice versa. "Nothing, I just...I dont know, I must be going crazy." I laughed. "You went crazy long ago Shay...Thats why i love you tho!" i said, trynna lighten the mood, and distract myself from what i think she was thinking. Me and Jacob in love? HA! NEVER! I WILL NEVER LOVE THAT BOY! "You wanna ride with me and Chre home? I think Jay left...Weve been talkin for a while." THAT BITCH! Why the fuck did he leave me? "Uh, sure. If it aint no trouble for him. " Shay snorted. "Lyric, Chre is nothing like Jacob! Hes nice, and if youd just give him a chance, you guys could be good friends." She shook her head. "Okay then. When you guys leaving?" I just wanted to go home. "Idk, Chre! Baby, when we gon go?" "Whenever you guys wanna go, i aint got nun to do..." I guess he wasnt too bad. Why was Chresanto and Jacob even friends? Thats what i dont get...