Come Out and Play

I'd been working non stop since I woke up from that crazy dream, and was able to finish my work at 9:30 this morning. It's now 10:30 and I'm bored out of my mind. I had spent an hour just cleaning my apartment and now I had nothing else to do. I take a seat on my sofa and just relax for a minute. Chancy cuddles next to me as I pull out my phone to check my horoscope.

Libra: Go out and play today! You've been overloading yourself with work, it's time to take a break.

I put my phone away and sigh, isn't that the truth. I do deserve a break, I just don't know what to do. My cell phone rings out of nowhere, surprising me. I check the caller ID, but I don't recognize the number.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, Heather. It's Jamie, are you free to hang out today?" He asks, and I can't keep the grin off my face.

"Yeah, I am actually. What are we doing?" I can almost hear Jamie's smile on the other end,

"Not sure yet, but we'll figure something out. We're coming to get you, so get ready." He tells me.

"Wait, don't you need my address? And what do you mean 'we're'?" I question.

"I have Tyler and Jordie with me. Tyler says he knows where you live..." Jamie trails off and I chuckle.

"Oh yeah, he walked me home last night. When will you be here?"

"Eh like twenty minutes. Is that enough time to get ready?" He questions.

"Yeah, see you soon." I hang up the phone and run to my room to change my clothes. I slip on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt that hugs my body nicely. I slip on my Converse then put my hair into a French braid. I then rush to the bathroom to brush my teeth and put on some mascara. Once I'm pretty much done getting ready, there's a knock on the door followed by,

"Heather, can you come out to play!" I recognize the voice to be Tyler's and I roll my eyes. I pick up my purse before opening the door, and I'm surprised at how close Tyler's face is to mine when I open it. He was leaning one arm against the door jamb, his face inches from mine. We stand like that for a minute and he has that same look on his face that he had last night. But, just like last night, he says something to ruin his attractiveness.

"Have any good dreams last night?" He mocks and I feel a blush rise on my cheeks.

"No I didn't, and stop making fun of my horoscopes." I push his arm out of the way and walk past him, down the hallway.

"Oh, is Miss Prissy giving me an attitude?" He teases me and I just get into the elevator, ignoring his comment.

"Where's Jamie and Jordie?" I ask as we ride the elevator to the lobby. Why couldn't they come to get me instead of Tyler?

"Waiting in the car and I know you wish they came to get you, but I'm the only one who knows where your apartment is." He states, and I'm shocked at the way he read my mind.

"Yeah anyways...where are we going?" Tyler shrugs his shoulders in response. Well okay then. We reach the lobby and Tyler leads me to a Range Rover parked across the street. I open the back door and I'm greeted by both Jamie and Jordie who are sitting in the front.

"Good to see you Heather." Jordie says, giving me a smile.

"You too, Jordie." Tyler hops in next to me and I notice that we're missing someone. "Where's Lehtonen?" I ask.

"He couldn't make it today. He told us to tell you he says hi though." Jamie says and I pout a little.

"Okay. So, does anyone know what we're doing today or are we just going to drive around doing nothing?" I ask and Jordie chuckles.

"I was thinking we could go mini golfing or something." Jordie suggests and Jamie nods in agreement.

"That sounds fun." I say excitedly. We all look to Tyler, waiting for him to agree. His facial expression already screams disapproval, so I give him puppy dog eyes and he sighs.

"Fine, but you guys owe me. I hate mini golf."

"That's 'cause you suck at it." Jamie jokes, causing Jordie and I to laugh. Tyler rolls his eyes, but there's a slight smile on his face.

"We'll see who sucks when I'm kicking your ass." He says. This should be a fun day.

----------
When we get to the golf park, Jordie and Jamie team up with each other, leaving me with Tyler. The two brothers go and get the clubs and golf balls for all of us, so Tyler and I take a seat to wait for them.

"I hope you're good because I really do suck at mini golf." Tyler chuckles, making me laugh.

"Oh God, we're screwed. I'm terrible at this too, I just really like looking at all the different courses." I admit and Tyler laughs loudly. It's the most I've heard him laugh since I've met him, and it's honestly really attractive. I begin laughing with him, and Jamie and Jordie come up to us with confused looks on their faces.

"What are you two laughing at?" Jamie asks. Tyler and I share a look before cracking up even more.

"Okay, whatever weirdos. Let's play."

---------
Mini golfing was really fun. Tyler and I lost by a landslide, but we didn't care at all. Jordie and Jamie couldn't stop rubbing their win in our faces, but it was all in fun.

"Thanks for inviting me to go out today. I had a good time." I tell the guys as we reach my apartment building.

"It was our pleasure. We should do it again." Jamie says and I nod in agreement.

"I'll see you at the game tomorrow." I tell them and hop out of the car.

"I'll walk you up." Tyler offers and gets out of the car too. Once we reach my door we linger for a bit.

"Thanks for walking me again." I chuckle and Tyler grins.

"Anytime. I'll see you tomorrow, and make sure you interview me." He winks then heads down the hallway to the elevator. I just chuckle and head inside. Is it bad that I really can't wait to see him again tomorrow?