Closer Through Trauma//Tatebin

requested by 8Philip20Hamilton4

Summary:
'WHY DOES IT ALWAYS
HAVE TO BE US?!' i scream in my
head as i continue running.
i grab Tatums hand
and run as fast as i can with her.
'we'll never be freed from
horrible men!'

Robins PoV:

i hear the ringing in my ear as i grab Finneys hand and we walk up the stone cold stairs. the feeling to being trapped forever slowly depleting. i can tell that Finney feels scared at what we had just done, i feel it too.

i take a deep breath. we step to the door with the bike lock on it. Finney steps in front of me and unlocks it. i'm glad he remembers the code, because i don't.

he pulls the lock off and chucks it somewhere on the ground, grabbing my hand again and opens the door. he walks out first with me trailing behind. his sister comes over and hugs him. Finney just looks horrible, mouth open but can't speak, breath rough, hair ruffled, clothes dirty and torn, dried blood coming from his nose, head, and scratches from the Grabber all over his body.

he actually looks... attractive, in a way.

i didn't look as bad. the Grabber seemed to take a liking to Finney in a weird way. i got a couple bumps and bruises, but Finney took the blows for me. little prodigy all grown up...

we get rushed to the ambulances after i tell the officers that the Grabber was in the basement. they rush down and drag out his dead body. i see Finney gulp and hang his head down.

"Robin. i have some bad news son," Finneys dad says to me.

i nod for him to continue.

"after the first two months. your mother couldn't handle losing you. so she... she left," he says as politely as he could, but i didn't really understand what he was telling me.

"what..." i ask him.

"you mother ki-lled her-self," he chokes out.

my heart drops. i feel a hand snake it's way into mine. i loo down and see Finneys hand holding mine tightly.

"she left a letter though, i can't read it because it's in Spanish. but it has her name at the bottom," he said handing me a crumpled piece of paper.

i read the note.

'to whomever is reading this.
i'm sorry.
i couldn't stand being
without my son. i'm
sorry Robin my boy,
if you get out and i'm
not there. i know how
much you love Finneys
family. please get up and
leave this shitty town.
know this;
i love you so much.
- Mom/(her name)'

(lol, i have no idea what her name is don't come at me!)

a tear falls from my eyes as i finish reading the letter out loud. Finney's hand stays interlocked with mine the entire time.

~skip~

i finish packing my bags, and throw them into Finneys dads trunk. the tears that had recently brimmed my eyes, had now almost dispersed. my home feels empty as i stand staring at the sofa my mum and i made most of our memories on.