CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

This was a request and should really help me get back in the swing of things..gosh it really has been too long. I'll do better for you all, I promise I will.
As you all know, mental health issues take time, and I'm still struggling but I've gotten stronger, so I want to put this out for all of those amazing people who has supported me through it and stuck with me for literal months in waiting for what comes next for the Hoot Troop.
I apologize for procrastinating, now let's get this holiday special chapter going!

Disclaimer: this does not tie with the original storyline I have planned!
🦌🤎

Snow..nice crystals of snow spilled from the sky in a gentle wave, covering the cars, sidewalks and grass. Laughter spilled through the room, tree lit up with lights and adorned with ornaments of mismatch colors.

On the couch sat Y/n's father, and a..female figure? Though her face was blurred and distorted.

A small Y/n sat on the ground beside the medium tree, it wasn't fancy, but it was tradition. A few gifts were on the ground with her name written on them, all from Santa.

Two gifts, wrapped by the small child were messily next to them, for those two people who sat on the couch, wrapped professionally by her. One had one bow, the other had a really knotted ribbon.

She was excited, a few missing baby teeth in her bright, sweet smile.

Her dad spoke, face happy and with warm light from the fire in the fireplace, "Go on, open your gifts!"

The small girls hands reached for the smallest one first, a glass-beaded bracelet with charms, each something she loved. She was quick to slip it on, happy.

Gift after gift she opened, a sketchbook, a paint set, a journal to write in. As well as a few dolls, and a dino plushie.

"Santa gave me everything I wanted! I love it all.", The girl spoke giddily.

"Good! Want your pancakes now?", Dad spoke, ruffling her messy ish bed headed hair with a chuckle.

"Yes please!"

Now at the table her feet kicked as they didn't reach the floor, messing at her bracelet some as her Dad flipped pancakes, making her giggle at his skills, even if a few didn't turn out so good..burned or warped, but she didn't care. She loved them.

The warm smell wafted through the air..comforting and warm.

She closed her eyes to enjoy the smell better, the sweet chocolate chips mixing with the smell of the sweet batter.

When they opened she was met with a ceiling. A ceiling with stars plastered on, feathers sticking out in some places, brown feathers.

Hooty.

Y/n stood up and walked downstairs, being met with a hug from an excited Hooty, his worm-tube body wrapping around her.

Hooty spoke, quickly, "Luz told us about the holiday! Hoot! The gifts and treats and-" she interrupted, though a bit hesitant. "Hooty..I just woke up..", she gave a small laugh, the tube gently unwrapping around her.

"Sorry, I got excited, Hoot!"

Eda sat on the couch, laid back and sipping her apple blood, Luz on the rug talking with King, his face lit up with excitement at the things Luz was explaining to him.

Luz looked to you, "Hey Y/n! I think they like the idea of the festivities."

"Yes! You must show us! Your king demands it!", King said as Luz stood with him in her arms.

Eda spoke with a slight snort, "Like it? We love it! Can't wait to see what weird little human things you all do-"

The door burst open and Gus, Willow, and Hunter poured in.

"The party has arrived!", Gus spoke, jokingly smug.

"We brought more apple blood, as an offering.", Willow said.

Hunter looked at you and went red, all the way up to his scarred, pointy ears. "Heyyy guys-", he piped up, sounding a bit awkward.

He had been crushing on you for weeks now, and not doing the best job hiding it. You knew, well, everyone knew how head over boot he was.

Flapjack chirped up, flying to you and landing on your shoulder, nuzzling his beak into you in greeting. You pet him with a gentle smile.

"Do you think we should celebrate with them? It's a human holiday after all.", Y/n offered.

"A human holiday?! Yes! Please Ms. Eda?", Gus went ecstatic, he was a bit..obsessed.

"Yes, yes, let's figure this 'Crisis' holiday out kiddos.", Eda spoke with a pointy tooth grin, golden eyes excited to be spending it with her family.

"Eda- it's called Christmas.", Luz said with a laugh.

"Crisis, Christmas, all sounds the same to me.", She snorted with laughter like she made a great joke.

"How do we even celebrate this 'Christ-mas' anyway?", Hunter asked, moving to stand alongside you and Luz.

"Well.."

You and Luz shared all you knew, from decorating a tree, to gifts, to games or festive foods, the isle dwellers were all eager to know and learn more about the holiday.

By the end of the night Eda was asleep in her chair with King on her lap, Gus and Willow were on the rug with a blanket wrapped around them, Luz had closed her eyes while she laid on the one end of the couch with you in the middle, and Hunter beside you.

You fought sleep, eyes trying to stay open. Hunter spoke, a whisper, his pink hued eyes looking at you.
"Today..was fun. I enjoyed seeing everything.", He said, embarrassed.

The tree was lit up with ornaments of all sorts, most not even..relatively close to usual human ones.

"It really was..thank you for being a part of it, Hunter.", Y/n said, kissing his cheek and laying her head on his shoulder as her eyes shut, drifting into sleep.

"Thank you for everything you've done to help me..", he said gently as he kissed her hair and laid his head back against the couch, arm around her, eyes shutting as he too took in the warmth of the holiday.

I'm so sorry if this was bad, I didn't want to rush it but I also did not know what to do exactly. I hope this was good and not disgusting..it's been awhile since I've written.
And thank you again!
Happy holidays!! 💚❤️