Stage Show

~Y/n Pov~

You stared through the crowd at the large stage, you couldn't get to it no matter which way you went. There was far too many people and even so, you had to be careful. It was really crowded.

Far.

Far.

Far too many people for your liking.

You hated the fact you couldn't find Gus or Willow, and now you couldn't get to Hunter either because of his position as the right hand man to the tyrant of a ruler to the Isles.

Beloz was worse than all those kings you learned about in history classes, ones having several wives throughout their lives because they were sifting through them as they got bored with the one they had currently, although you know for a fact Beloz got no girls. He didn't get anyone in general, actually.

You huffed a laugh to yourself at the thought; 'Heh- he get's no girls.'

You quickly shook the immature thought from your head, focusing on the situation at hand once more. Before you could plan to find a way to the stage or try to do anything the stage had opened up, letting the cage that held Eda rise up onto the stage for all to see, a show of difference and misconduct of power towards the crowd.

Eda was no criminal.

Sure, she was... eccentric- at times.

But she had done nothing worthy of this kind of punishment.

Before you could get through the crowd you could see the stage open up. The old cage that held Eda came up from below, her chains now against the ground since Luz had broke them with a glyph. Luz was clinging to the cage, trying not to fall off it. The cage stopped rising from the ground, sitting on the broad stage now.

Exclaims of surprise and murmurs filled the crowd of townsfolk from the Isles. You made eye contact with Luz as she scanned the crowd, you could see the fear on her face, although she tried to keep a confident facade. She was scared, for herself and for everyone that was here to help Eda.

Luz quicky mixed a fire and water glyph, making a fog to block everyone's view. Guards quickly surrounded the stage, calling out to one another. The crowd could hear the guards shouting to one another.

Willow and Gus ran to the stage, getting through the crowd and up to where Luz and Eda were.

~Timeskip to when they got out because I'm tired of procrastinating on this story~

~Hunter Pov~

Hunter stood outside of Beloz's throne room, staring at the ground through his mask with a fearful expression.

He could see the nearby scouts fidgeting nervously out of the corner of his eye, none of them speaking a word or looking at one another in fear of what to happen.

The large doors to the throne room were closed, blocking the emperor from his right hand man and the guards to the castle. Blocking their view of what he was doing in the room.

As the castle men waited near the throne room they could all hear large crashing from in the throne room, things hitting the walls and against the floor; shattering and breaking into nothing worth trying to salvage or fix.

Beloz was having another tantrum, like a child who didn't get their way. Typical.

This wasn't the first time Beloz has had an incident like this in which he didn't get his way and he had acted out.

Hunter had flinched, grimacing at the loud sounds coming from the room when he could hear the crashing ring out through the halls and echoing through the dark corridorsThe dimly lit hall lantern lights shaking from the walls moving with force of the emperor's tantrum.

The Golden Guard's pupils shook as he stared at the ground, he could hear Beloz yelling and cursing. Though muffled, he could still hear the rage laced through every word.

Beloz scared him, like a child scared of thunder. Hunter would never admit it but he felt small compared to the emperor. A small insignificant crumbling leaf in a raging, angry whirlwind of a storm.

He wanted to get away, but he was scared.

Hunter wanted to get out of the castle.

Hunter wanted to go to Hexside.

He wanted to explore the Boiling Isles.

He wanted to... make friends.

No matter how many times he would try to push those thoughts away, they had always come crawling back. Entrapping him once again in their painful nagging that rang in his mind as a blaring alarm that was neverending.

I'm SO SO SO sorry for taking so long to get this chapter out. As well as it being so short. I had no motivation to write and I was in a hard place with.. just life.

I hope you all understand why I couldn't get it out. I really appreciate you all reading this story and giving it support. We have reached 6.12k reads and every single one is so so so amazing!! I really appreciate every single one.

Feel free to leave requests and I'll be happy to try and add it to this or to my one shot book that's a work in progress. AND! You can always leave comments, I love seeing how you all react to my stories and what your ideas are.

Thank you so so much my readers!! 💛