Next Day

This is sort of what the scar looks like, hand drawn by yours truly. It's for y'all visual learners.

You had fallen asleep from the night before on the window sill in the room, you had been looking at the slowly forming stars.

You fell off the ledge and to the ground of the room, hitting your bandaged forearm. You hissed in pain as you sat up, the pain dying down after a few moments.

Luz walked through the door, peeping her head at you. She came and helped you up, brushing her fingers across the injury.

"I'm gonna unwrap the bandages, the gashes should be healed by now", Luz said as she started taking them from around your forearm.

You could see the individual claw marks, the scars deep and red. You could feel your heart drop, they were enormous. Luz's grip on your hand tightened at the sight of the marks.

She looked back up at you, her chocolate eyes watery. "I'm so sorry- it was my fault. If we hadn't taken the elixir you wouldn't have gotten hurt", she rambled, her voice laced with guilt and regret.

You smiled weakly at her, shaking your head. "It's fine I guess, don't worry about it.", You responded.

You were partially lying to keep Luz calm. You knew she didn't do it on purpose but it still could have been avoided. You lowered your scarred arm and smiled a little before leaving the room.

You could see Eda sitting at the table with King, talking worriedly. You had the amulet in your pocket and you took it out.

You held the cloth pouch out to Eda, she took it confused. She glanced at your arm when she took it from your hand, her gold eyes widening slightly. You could see her whole body tighten up, like a rubber band about to be launched.

"Hey- stop worrying. I'm fine, see?", You touched the scar, immediately regretting it as you gritted your teeth. King got onto the table and went over to you and Eda. Luz sat in a chair across from you.

Eda opened the pouch and dumped the contents into her hand. Her eyes lit up when she saw how shiny it was. Her thin, nimble fingers running across the owl shape.

"It's beautiful. Where did you get this Y/n? You have no money.", She stated as she put it around her neck. You propped your head on your hand, your elbow resting on the dark wood.

"A new friend I made, named Morris. He said I could get it if I did some work for him", you stated. When you said it you had immediately thought of an old black and white Mafia movie, you laughed to yourself at this.

"Yeah! He said he knew you, some person named Raine and a girl named Lilith.", King said as he dangled his legs over the edge of the table.

"Oh- Morris. I haven't seen him in a loonnggg time. That's why you took so long?", Eda asked.

"That and I saw a Flyer Derby team. They called themselves The Collectors. I guess it's because they collect victories or something? ",You said.

You didn't know that this was a reference to something or someone..that Beloz knew. A very powerful being, one with the look of a sun and moon. If only you knew.

"Can I see them one day Y/n?? They sound awesome!", Luz said with a smile.

You nodded; "Yeah, their gonna be back in a few weeks from games. I'll take you to visit them."

Eda was barely listening to what you said about the Flyer Derby team. Her mind was focused on Morris. She missed him a lot.

"Hey Y/n. Is Morris in town still?", Eda asked softly.

"Yeah, he said he'll visit sometime. If that's ok-", you replied.

Eda smiled, her gold tooth glinting as usual. "Sounds great kiddo.", She said.

You could see Luz looking kind of jealous, her dark eyes narrowed ever so slightly. King saw this too, his big eyes watching her like a cat. Eda was the only one to not notice this, her figure focused on rambling about her childhood.

"Uh- I all of a sudden don't feel good. I think im gonna go lay down. You guys do what you want.", You lied through your teeth.

You fake coughed and went up the wooden stairs to the room. You melted into your sleeping bag, lying back and closing your eyes. You took your phone from your bag, looking at a picture of your Dad with face paint on for Halloween.

You and him were wearing matching costumes, him as dragon and yourself a warrior. Viv was dressed as a princess. You had painted her little puppy nails purple and hand made a 'princess' harness using a video off ViewTube

You laughed softly to yourself, tears pricking your eyes.

How much time will you be away from them? Did they know you were ok? Did your Dad think you were at camp? What if you never saw them again..?

You pushed the thoughts away and sunk into your sleeping bag, pulling it over your head. You could feel the tears now falling onto your face, the salty water warm. You could feel them in your eyelashes and down your cheeks.

A horrible feeling crying was, both a pleasant and terrible thing to do. It felt nice to cry, like letting a big burden off your chest. Though sometimes it made you feel helpless. Overwhelmed.

Sorry for the short chapter!🦔

I won't be uploading on my older stories a lot anymore as people have drifted away from them and then only have one or two reads. I will be making more; I have some dsmp, gravity falls and a Encanto ones coming for y'all. I love all the support I'm getting. I thank you all for the follows and reads.

Seeing your support makes my heart soar. If someone hasn't said it to you today then I love you and I wish you a great day. Don't ever give up, even in dark times. Remember to eat, drink, sleep and to touch Grass. You are all amazing and special and I respect that!

Have a taco for the road 🌮