The Beginning

You stood in front of your house, drawing some flowers across the sidewalk with chalk. You cleaned up the powdery art supplies and put them back into the garage. As you left your garage and walked towards your front door you could see your best friend Luz run behind her house, she lived across the street.

"Cute little trash thief! Come back here! That's my book!," She called out as it took the book from the nearby can. She called after the little hopping bird as she ran the opposite direction of you. You knew she was talking about one of her Azura books, you got the 5th one for her birthday.

  "Luz..? I've gotta go after her.," You said as you grabbed your green backpack. You ran after the young girl. You saw her rush into an abandoned building.

  You followed her up the rickity steps, one breaking from rot on your way up. You fell forward and through the halfway opened door. You saw the last of Luz's body go through a weird door, you rushed through it before it snapped shut. You stumbled out, seeing Luz talking with a grey haired women.

  Anxiety attacked you as you looked around, seeing streets filled with bustling shoppers. Monsters. You clutched your bag, hands shaking slightly. You glanced in Luz's direction, seeing her fixing an old t.v. Suddenly a workout video started, meaning  that Luz had attracted attention from passerby.

  You scrambled towards Luz, grabbing her forearm. Her eyes widened when she saw you, happiness and shock both filling her features. You could see the women talking with customers, not focused on you both yet.

  "N/n- why are you here??," Luz blabbered excitedly. Her eyes almost had stars in them. She hugged you quickly.

  "I followed you after you ran off, where are we though..?,"You responded with a cheeky smile. Most of the customers had already left, leaving you, Luz and the Witch.

  "Y'know, it'll be cool to have two humans around. I'm Edaline Clawthorn, or Eda the Owl Lady. What's your name kid?," The witch said to you as she went through her human 'artifacts'.

  "I'm Y/n L/n, but where are we?,"You asked timidly.

  "Welcome, to the Boiling Isles-!," Eda said before getting cut off by a large guard.

"Eda the Owl Lady, you are under arrest by the order of Emperor Beloz. You're coming with me!," A guard declared.

  "Only if you can catch me suckers! Get on kids!," Eda said with a laugh. She bagged up her stand with her magic and got onto her magic staff, the end was the owl from before. Luz jumped on behind Eda while you got on the front, almost falling off. Eda grabbed the back of your jacket and helped you sit on the staff straight. You gripped onto it and kept your eyes shut, terrified.

Soon you felt the wind rush across your face, the smell of pine trees filling your nostrils. You peeped your eyes open, seeing you were high above the ground. Fear gripped your heart and you felt like you were gonna fall off of Eda's owl staff.

"It's ok kid, we'll be on the ground soon.," Eda soothed. She gave you a reassuring pat on the back before soon you could feel the ground under your feet.

  You scrambled off the staff and watched as Eda and Luz began laughing. You frowned at their rude and childlike behavior.

"HELLO! Eda brought home new friends! I'M HOOTY!," A voice screeched behind you. He wrapped his worm like body around your waist, picking you up off the ground. You froze in fear and called out in surprise, the owl like worm was terrifying.

  "NEW FRIEND!," He yelled happily in his scratchy voice. Eda's eyes widened, Luz's face full of panic. "Drop the kiddo Hooty! Right now!," Eda ordered. Hooty lowered you to the ground, going back to his door. Luz ran to you and wrapped her arms around your torso.