XVIII

Morning, Rain woke up feeling sick and tired. He got out of bed and rushed to the washroom as he felt like vomiting. Meanwhile, Phayu was in the gym but his mind was full of conversation that he had with Rain last night. The alpha knew that Rain wasn’t acting and it was concerning him.

Phayu sighs as he grabs water and drinks it, 10 mins later he returns to his room where he finds Rain still vomiting, “Rain…” Phayu called as he stood near the younger and pats his back.

Once Rain stopped vomiting, Phayu helped him to lay down and wiped his face with the towel, “I will get you medicine and food, rest till then…”

Rain was confused by Phayu's sudden change in behaviour, he was expecting the alpha to leave him to suffer but instead Phayu helped him to change and even made porridge for him.

“… Feed me, Phee?” Rain asked in a tiny voice, he knew that Phayu wouldn't agree but to his shock Phayu nodded and blew the spoon before bringing it to his mouth.

“We will go to hospital if you’re not feeling better by evening…” Phayu informed the younger one who softly nodded in confusion. Rain decided not to ask for more as he was afraid that it might be the last straw of Phayu’s patience. Rain quietly lays down while he tries to recall what happened after he passed out.

Later that evening, Rain was feeling much better and Phayu stayed by his side the whole time. Rain looks at Phayu in curiosity while the alpha feeds him fruits, Rain had enough of Phayu’s sudden change in behaviour and questioned Alpha, “Phee, why are you being so caring suddenly? What happened last night?”

“Nothing happened..” Phayu replies without looking towards Rain who glared at Phayu as he knows that Alpha was lying.

“No! Something had happened?! You’re not ignoring me, you’re being nice…” Rain whispered as he looked at Phayu who sighs and looks at Rain. Phayu stares into Rain’s eyes and noticed how Rain was trembling

“… Rain, did you visit the psychiatrist after the… after the accident?” Phayu asked while watching Rain’s reaction. The omega seems to be frozen and before he shook his head while shifting away from Phayu

“Why Psychiatrist? I’m all well…” Rain whispered in fear while Phayu felt his heart break. He cursed himself for not noticing it before, how Rain was mentally and emotionally affected by all this.

Phayu feels guilty for not realising this earlier and grabs Rain’s hand, Rain looks at him in confusion while Phayu gently massages his hand, “Nothing… nothing is wrong…”

Rain seems to relax and Phayu pulls him closer, he gently hugs Rain while caressing younger’s hair. Rain clings to Phayu feeling touch starved, Phayu sighs as he continues, “You and I both need to talk… about everything that we went through and how do we feel about it..”

“Why? Why so suddenly?” Rain asked in worry, Phayu gently caresses his face to calm him as he spoke, “We need to move on if we want to save our future”

Older man realised how traumatised Rain was after his accident. Rain blamed himself for everything and even now he can’t stop dreaming about it. When confronted by Phayu, the omega broke down. It was painful for both of them and Phayu realised how wrong he was about his decision to leave Rain when he needed him the most.

“Phee is sorry, instead of being there for you …. I left you… Rain, I’m so sorry…” Phayu apologised to Rain who shook his head

“No! Phee did nothing wrong! I deserve…” “No you don’t! You deserved nothing but love and care… it was all an accident, hurtful accident..” Phayu interrupted Rain and spoke as cupped Rain’s face.