Chapter One

The members of Task Force 141 gathered in the conference room, their faces stern and focused. Commander Steel sat at the head of the table, a stack of mission files before him. This was no ordinary briefing; these were missions of utmost importance, and they needed to go over every meticulous detail.

"Listen up, everyone," Commander Steel began, his voice commanding attention. "I have important news. We'll be joined by a new member—one that could make all the difference." The room buzzed with curiosity, and all eyes turned to their leader.

Commander Steel continued, "Lieutenant Mina Gega, codenamed 'Shadow' has an impressive record as a Mercenary. She rose through the ranks in the United States Military and has moved on, working throughout Europe as she is originally from Albania. Her skills in special operations have garnered her quite the reputation. We're fortunate to have her join us." As he spoke, the sound of helicopter blades thudded in the distance, growing louder with each passing second.

"She is on her way here as we speak," Commander Steel said, a hint of intrigue in his voice. "I expect each of you to treat her with the respect she deserves."

The team exchanged curious glances, knowing that their new member was about to arrive. As he drops the bombshell about the new wildcard on their side, Simon's eyes widened imperceptibly. A flicker of surprise crossed his face, but he quickly composed himself, revealing none of the emotions churning inside him. Internally, he was seething at the idea of having to work with her since their last encounter in Ukraine. The very thought of her joining Task Force 141 set off alarm bells in his mind. Trust was essential in their line of work, and Simon wasn't sure if he could trust someone like her.

Everyone's minds are racing, wondering what she will bring to the table. They'd all heard whispers about "Shadow", stories of her ruthless efficiency and her lack of loyalties. As the sound of approaching helicopter blades grew louder, the tension in the room escalated. Simon tried to push aside the apprehension gnawing at him, reminding himself that he needed to keep his emotions in check. Just then, the doors to the conference room swung open, and Mina "Shadow" Gega stepped in.

All eyes turned to her, and the atmosphere crackled with a mixture of curiosity and wariness. She exuded confidence, her hazel eyes scanning the faces of her new team with an enigmatic smile playing on her lips.

"Welcome to Task Force 141, Lieutenant." Commander Steel greeted her, his voice steady.

Simon's gaze is like a laser, focused solely on Mina. He's trying to read her, figure her out, but she's a mystery wrapped in an enigma. And she knows it, that smirk of hers giving away nothing and everything at the same time. Their last encounter in Ukraine had left a bitter taste in his mouth, and he couldn't forget the frustration he felt when her team intercepted his target.

"Thank you, Commander," Mina replied, her voice confident and unwavering. "I'm honored to be part of the team."

Simon observed as Mina took a seat next to him. He couldn't help but feel a heightened sense of awareness with her presence so close. Mina's posture was relaxed, her demeanor calm and collected, but Simon knew better than to underestimate her. He maintained his stoic facade, offering her a subtle nod of acknowledgment, but any warmth or friendliness was absent.

"As we prepare for this mission," Commander Steel continued, shifting his focus to introduce some of the key members of Task Force 141, "I want to highlight the exceptional individuals who will be working alongside you."