𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Griffin's POV:

I still haven't gotten over what I saw last night, the image is imprinted in my brain. I feel so bad for Finney, he looks like he's in a lot of pain. I could hear the other boys whispering to, they don't know if they believe me.. I don't blame them if they don't, seeing a ghost sounds almost impossible. I wish I could get them to believe me but I can't.

I slowly sat up on the mattress, a vest falling onto my lap, the heck? Where- oh, wait this is Vance's vest! He never takes it off, that's odd. I looked around the room, Vance and Bruce were talking in a corner, Billy was sleeping in another corner, and Robin just came back from the hallway, noticing I was awake.

"Oh, morning Griff? How did you sleep?" He questioned looking at me, his voice caught the attention of Bruce and Vance who also looked at me. "Morning.. I slept okay, but Vance? Why did you give me your vest? You never take it off." I turned to look at my friend, he looked at Robin and Bruce. "You just looked cold kid, you're younger than us and not as strong so I didn't want you to get sick or anything."

Oh.

"You think I'm weak?" I raised an eyebrow, somewhat offended. "What? No I just-" I interrupted before he could continue, "no, I get it." And with that I got up, going to the smaller room. "Griff hold on- shit." I could hear him say, I was a bit upset with him.

Vance's POV:

Fucking hell, Griffin took my words the wrong way, or maybe I didn't word it right.. I don't know. I need to apologize or whatever, but I'm Vance Hopper! I don't do apologies even if I did once last night. I'll just work on apologizing later.

"Vance? Are you alright?" I turned to Bruce as he spoke. "Yeah, I just need to apologize to Griff, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was calling him weak." Robin came over and sat with us, joining the conversation.

"It's fine hermano, Griffin just needs a minute, he misunderstood after all." Robin reassured me, I felt somewhat better I think. "Whatever you say." Was the only thing I said before we heard the door start to open, Bruce immediately rushed over to wake Billy up and drag him over to us just in case.

I guess Griffin heard the door to, he didn't move from the hallway but I could see him peeking from behind the wall.

Third Person POV:

The masked maniacal man looked around the room, spotting four boys in the corner behind the door, temporarily out of his sight range. "Ah, there you boys are, I brought you breakfast!" The man grinned, making the other boys uncomfortable.

It wasn't much of a breakfast if it was the same old unseasoned eggs and flat sprite. Despite it's condition the boys ate it once the masked man left the room. Robin and Billy saved some for Griffin and combined it on Robin's plate so he could eat. The small boy came out from the hall, looking at the ground.

"Here Griff, we saved some for you." Billy smiled, Griffin half smiled back. Vance moved over and put his drink beside the plate made for Griffin, the boy looked at the blonde. "Here, so you at least have something to drink." Vance said, moving back to his spot beside Bruce.

The other boys conversated while Griffin ate his 'breakfast'. When suddenly something sparked in the young boys mind. The day he was kidnapped, his bike lock was stolen by the grabber, he was on the search for Finney when the masked man found him, leaving his bike and taking the lock along with Griffin.

The small boy remembers seeing him attach it to the storm door before he was dragged to his nightmare. The realization made Griffin smile.

"Wait, I just remembered something!" He exclaimed, grabbing the attention of the other four. "What is it Griff?" Bruce questioned, which was Griffin's signal to start talking.

"So on the day I was kidnapped, the grabber took my bike lock, I remember seeing him attach it to the storm door!" The four looked at each other, small smiles visible on their expressions. "Do you remember the combination?" Vance inquired, Griffin thought for a moment.

"No.. but I knew I would forget so while I was down here alone, I carved the combination into the wall with a bottle cap!" Griffin exclaimed. Bruce, Billy, and Robin all pumped their fists in sync, whispering a small 'yes!' under their breath.

Vance almost gave a real smile, "that's great kid. But, where and which wall?" Griffin looked around, pointing to the wall on his left which was on the right of the mattress. "That wall! Uh.. about shoulder height when you're sitting down." He was sure of his answer, remembering every detail but the actual code.

Bruce got up and walked over to the wall, it was light outside so he didn't need to borrow Griffin's flashlight to see. He scanned every inch of the wall until finally spotting it, using his finger to dust away some dirt so he could clearly see it. "I found it!" He turned to the others with a smile, "well? Read it dumbass!" Vance called out, a smiled remained on Bruce's face as he rolled his eyes and read the combination out loud.

"23317, wait, but is it 23-31-7, or 23-3-17, or 2-33-17?" Bruce listed all the possible combinations. Griffin looked at the ground, scratching his head as he thought.

"I can't remember.." he muttered, though everyone heard it. "Griffin!" Vance groaned, "I can't remember! We'll have to try them all." He defended, earning an eye roll from Vance.

"We'll have to be very quiet about it." Bruce instructed as he returned to the group. "Who's going to try it?" Billy asked, looking among his friends. "Vance and I will." Robin volunteered, putting his hand on the blonde's shoulder beside him, earning the side eye from Vance.

"But it's dangerous!" Bruce warned, worried for both but mainly Vance. "We know, but we're the strongest here and will fight back if he tries anything." Robin said, Vance nodded in agreement. "Alright fine, just please for our sake be careful you idiots." Bruce gave in, "yeah! We can't afford to lose you guys." Billy added, Griffin nodded.

"Careful is my middle name." Vance joked, Robin lightly smacked the side of his head, "sure it is pendejo, vamos." He chuckled, Vance breathed a laugh and followed, luckily the door was still unlocked.

A/N: To be continued.. will they make it to the lock? 👀 I'm getting my motivation back y'all