𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

A/N: I'm sorry for disappearing on y'all, I was busy and had a bit of writer's block but I'm back! 🤗

TW: Detailed explanation of missing limbs, blood mentions, ghost.

If uncomfortable feel free to skip this chapter.

Third Person POV:

Robin returned to the basement only minutes after creeping upstairs, he had to be as quiet as possible which was difficult for him but he managed.

"Well Robin?! Is he up there?" Billy questioned, anxious. Robin simply nodded his head. "Yeah he's up there, he's sitting in the middle of the kitchen shirtless and holding a belt." Robin shuddered, thinking back on the maniacal man.

Everyone else has creeped out expressions, they definitely weren't going to try going up there.

It had been a few hours now, some were asleep and others were working on ways to escape. The sun had started to hide behind the mountains, letting the moon take over. Griffin was having a hard time sleeping, hearing a distant noise in one of the corners of the room. The small boy slowly stood up, his old shoes dragging across the dirty tile. Griffin took out a flashlight he always kept with him, surprisingly he had it all this time but only realized now.

He turned it on, looking around the room with it. The noise he was hearing seemed to be getting louder, Griffin pointed his flashlight to the final area of the room he hadn't checked, he froze in his spot when he saw what the source of the noise was.

𝙁𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙮.

Finney was in the corner of the room, standing still and staring at Griffin with a tired expression, he was missing an arm and a leg, you could see the slightest bit of bone sticking out if you looked at his arm long enough. Both of his badly wounded spots were dripping blood, he had a large slice across his face, making him partially blind in his left eye.

Griffin was terrified, in fact he was so terrified that he screamed at the top of his lungs. The scared boy fell to the floor and scurried away, his screams had woken everyone else up.

"Griffin! What's wrong?! What the fuck happened?!" Vance questioned, being one of the first to rush to Griffin's aid. The other boys crowded around him, showering him in questions that he was too afraid to answer. The small boy didn't say anything or look at any of his friends, he pointed his flashlight towards the same corner where he saw the corpse of his friend.

𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙚.

Finney's ghost had disappeared, Griffin stared in shock and fear, finally able to speak after some minutes of trying to bring air back into his lungs. "Damnit Griff what happened?!" Vance asked again, growing impatient and more concerned.

"I-I saw Finney! H-He was there, in the corner! He was just staring at me!" Griffin breathed out rather quickly, still staring at the corner as if Finney would make a second appearance. "Griff, amigo, I think you're seeing things." Robin tried to reason, Griffin shook his head, "no.. n-no! I swear he was there!" He defended.

"What did he look like?" Bruce questioned, trying to calm Griffin down by rubbing his back slowly. Griffin looked at the ground, trying to remember the details. "H-He looked tired, and he was covered in blood and dirt! He was m-missing his right a-arm and left.. leg, a-and he had a large slice on his face!" Griffin explained to the best of his ability, remembering it made him freak out again.

The other four boys looked at each other, each wearing expressions containing disgust, concern, and fear. Vance jolted a bit as Griffin hugged him, crying into his dirty shirt. "I-I'm scared.. I'm scared Vance, I didn't wanna see that!" The small boy sobbed.

Vance looked at the other boys who watched the interaction, he exhaled slowly and quietly before wrapping his arms around Griffin, "it's okay.. Griff, we're sorry you had to see that." Vance tried to apologize, then again he wasn't the best at apologies or comforting.

Eventually Griffin calmed down and fell asleep, Vance got up and carried the small boy over to the mattress, laying him down and taking off his jean vest. The blonde put his vest over Griffin, creating a temporary blanket for warmth as it was rather cold in the basement that night.

As Griffin slept his fear away, the other boys were huddled in a corner close to the mattress, whispering and discussing whether or not Griffin actually saw Finney or if being in the basement for so long was getting to him.

"I feel like Griff was just seeing things, there's no way he saw Finn." Robin whispered, looking around at the boys surrounding him. "I don't know, I feel like he was telling the truth—I mean we've been talking to Finney through that phone and he's been telling us what to do down here." Billy replied, Robin nodded in agreement but he was still unsure.

"All I know is that we need to get the fuck out of here, being down in this old ass basement is clearly messing with our mental being." Vance stated, earning nods in agreement.

Finney's POV:

I didn't mean to scare Griffin, I didn't know he could see me. As soon as he screamed I disappeared in fear of the others seeing me, I just wanted to check on them.

I feel horrible, I probably traumatized one of my best friends with my appearance, I looked down at my worn out body, Griffin was explaining what I looked like when the others asked and he wasn't lying, I was missing my right arm, and my left leg. Sometimes I can't stand looking at myself, I look terrifying.

He was right about my face to, I could feel the pain of it, in fact I could feel pain everywhere. One thing I learned about being a ghost is that the pain never goes away, you just learn to deal with it. And missing limbs is fucking painful. I was currently sitting on the ground in another area of the room, listening to my four older friends talking about what Griffin saw.

They were unsure of whether or not Griffin was telling the truth. I didn't want them to think he was lying but I also didn't want to scare them by proving he wasn't. I already scared one person, I don't want to scare the others.

𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚.

A/N: Another long chapter as an apology for taking so long to update 😭