✦ proposal ╔ fluff ╗

// leorio finally decides to ask kurapika an important question //

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

leorio and kurapika were at home, kurapika grading some of his classes homework, while leorio seemed to be planning something.

"leorio is everything alright? you keep grunting?" "sorry sunshine but i cannot tell you! i'm working hard!" leorio said smirking. kurapika just let out a sigh, it was saturday so they both had a break unless leorio got called to the hospital.

after a little while leorio got up and walked the short way to the opposite couch that kurapika was sitting on, and sat next to him. "pika, can i ask you something?" "well you're already here so i don't see why not?" kurapika said as leorio started to do that shy anime pose where he has his two pointer fingers together.

"um well, can we go on a date tomorrow!" leorio said nervously as kurapika made a confused face, "you got up all the courage to just ask on a date, oh leorio of course i will, is that what you were planning?" leorio just nodded, "it's a surprise, we will leave here at about 4pm though" kurapika smiled in response

later that night leorio and kurapika were in bed, sleeping next to other while cuddling, leorio had his arm wrapped over kurapika while the blonde was cuddled into his chest.

"i really hope you will enjoy the surprise date tomorrow sunshine," "oh course i will but i don't understand why you're worrying so much leorio." the doctor just rolled his eyes but he tended to worry, and he couldn't control that issue. they ended up falling asleep, as leorio tried not to worry as his boyfriend told him.

it was now the morning, leorio got up, still nervous about what would happen today. "hey sunshine, is everything alright?" but kurapika just gave him a side eye, not bad of course, but showing a hint of nervousness aswell.

"oh i'm alright! don't worry about me!" and with that, time had passed.

"KURAPIKA! hurry up i'm already ready to go!" it was a little past 4pm and kurapika was still getting ready.

"sorry i just wanna look nice for this surprise date mister leorio," leorio though just rolled his eyes at that, laughing softly, soon enough he was ready and the two got in the car.

"so mind telling me where we're going?" leorio just smirked a little and nodded his head no, "i told you my sunshine, it's a surprise."

after 30 minutes they finally reached a flowery little area out in the wilderness, there was also a little creek with trees.

in that area there were stringy lights and a whole picnic, it was very beautiful, kurapikas eyes lit up, "oh leorio, did you set this all up for me?" "uh actually i had gon and killua help a bit."

leorio scratched his head as they both sat on the picnic blanket, the sun was already going down a bit making the perfect sunset.

leorio opened the picnic basket which had sandwiches and other little snack foods, there was also little juice boxes, he handed one to kurapika. "i was gonna bring some wine but i decided against it, i didn't wanna get to drunk on this beautiful night." kurapika just laughed a bit knowing how leorio can get.

they ate in a comfortable silence while looking at the scenery, until leorio looked at himself through his phone camera, adjusting his tie of the suit he always wears, after he was sure he looked good he stood up and cleared his throat.

"ahem... kurapika, i set this all up for a reason you know," the blonde haired man just turned to look at him while showing confusion on his face. "that's really sweet of you leorio!" "and i really really really love you! i want to spend the rest of my life with you sunshine..." his voice trailed off, getting quiet.

kurapika was finally starting to understand what was going on a little bit, his heart starting to beat faster, yet he didn't want to assume anything. "leorio? what are you going on about," he gulped

leorio got down on one knee, he reached to his pant pocket and pulled out a little box, opening it as kurapikas eyes widened. it was a ring with a red gem inside of it and little blue gems on the side of it.

"kurapika will you please marry me? this ring will tie us together, the red gems are supposed to be you while the blue ones are me" leorio said chuckling, he was sweating really bad, yet kurapika was head over heels. he loved the symbolism in the ring he had chosen.

kurapika was speechless, tears in his eyes, "oh leorio! it's beautiful,"was all kurapika could say, his mind not really working properly. "so is that a yes or a no," "it's a yes!" kurapika said as he was crying, leorio wiped the sweat off his head as he leaned in to his his now fiancé.

✦•············································•✦

"EWWWW!" behind the trees, a white haired boy had yelled out.

"you guys can come out now!" leorio said as killua, gon, and alluka all emerged from the trees.

"damn old man that took forever, alluka almost fell asleep!" killua said as alluka just laughed softly, "awe that was so sweet!" gon said and they all came to sit on the picnic blanket.

"wow so i guess you really did have help" kurapika said, wiping his tears while leorio put the ring on the blondes finger. "congrats you guys! nanika says congrats aswell," alluka said while grabbing a juice box.

"thank you guys, for all your help" leorio said as they all shared a group hug.

now the sun was almost fully down, there was still a lot of brightness from all little lights in the trees they had put up.

gon, killua, and alluka were all playing tag closer to the creek while leorio and kurapika just sat down on the blanket, holding hands.

"thank you leorio, i never thought i would be happy ever again, ever since my clan died i thought revenge would be the only thing on my mind, but you proved different."

leorio looked at him, smiling widely as he gave him a small kiss on the head, "me too sunshine, i love you," "i love you more"

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

i hope it was good, this chapter was fun to write even though it was to happy for my likings

<3