XIX

"where were you?"

it was the first thing Hana heard after entering her house.

"just...to get some fresh air", she replied with her head down, eyes on the floor.

"stop lying to me", her mother replied sternly "i know you were with someone"

"and who told you that?", hana voiced her back.

"Mr Lee told me that he saw you speaking with a guy at the central park"

"so? am i not allowed to speak with anyone?", her fists tightened as she questioned her stepmother.

"don't tell you are dating around with guys behind my back-"

"YES I AM", Hana turned furiously towards her "yes i am dating and he is my boyfriend", rage was visible both in her eyes and voice.

"and why can't I? huh??", she continued as her mother was eyeing her in shock after she told her the truth.

"i told you to stay away from boys and relationships-"

"NO I WONT", she cut her off "it's my life not yours Mrs. Choi"

He mother was staring at her being amused coz it was the first time she heard Hana raising her voice towards her.

"I lost my love once for you...and i can't do that again...i wont let that happen again. He is my boyfriend and i love him..you better not interfere in my personal life again...I can be with anyone i want to...it depends upon me not you and i won't inform you details about where i am going what i am doing from now on. Let me live my life peacefully mom", she blurted out all at once in a single breath.

Before her mother could speak anything, she stumbled out of the living room to her own room leaving an amused Mrs. Choi alone in that room.

Hana was lying on her bed, thinking what she said to her mom. She never behaved like this to her ever before even though she had scolded her, beaten her, made her do her works, manipulated her and what not, but she still tolerated as she respect her and she loves eunhee. Tears started rolling down her eyes as she was facing the ceiling of her room comprehending what she did.

She was lost in her own thoughts when she heard her phone started ringing. She grabbed her phone from her side just to see Jaemin calling her.

Headache is calling

accept/decline

hello

uhm hi
did you reach home safely?

yeah i did
did you?

hmm me too

so you just called for this?

actually you just left from the park all of a sudden after that
without saying anything more so

oh
honestly i thought you were still upset with me
and didn't want to talk much yet so i left

umm i'm sorry

sorry for what?

i must sound rude today right?

no no you didn't
if someone needs to be sorry then it's me
it was me to hurt your feelings from the beginning
i am sorry Jaemin