XVI

"where are we?" asked the curious girl as soon as the boy pressed the brake at the extreme parking lot.

"is it the Christmas carnival?" Hana squealed as she saw the bright lightings and decorations throughout the roadway after getting out of the car.

"yup" Jaemin replied while taking off his seatbelt and locking the car.

"i have never been to the carnival for the past few years" she uttered softly, her eyes glistening at the beautiful coloured lights glowing above them.

"hurry we are already late" the boy grabbed the girl's arm and started to dart towards the carnival.

~

"oh my god it was so much fun" the girl screamed half panting as she turned her neck to look through her shoulder at the boy who was on the verse of collapsing on the ground as they stepped down from the rollercoaster.

"what exact fun was there huh??! i almost died " the boy said as he was on his knees panting as the ride had took away almost all of his energy for the night.

"oh come on Jaemin" the girl grabbed the exhausted boy by his hand and started running towards another ride "there are still so many things to do"

~

"ahhhh" the overwhelmed girl sighed as she landed her butt on the grass nearby as there were no seats left inside the carnival, "it was so much fun"

the boy who was slowly approaching towards her was staring at her brightest smile he had ever seen. he went sat beside her.

"what are you doing?"

"just took a picture of you"

"wait i wasn't ready take another one"

"okay" he sighed "done"

"send me the pictures" she excitedly said as she put her hands in her pocket just to notice she forgot her phone at Jisung's house.

"oh my god" Hana gasped "left my phone there" she muttered to herself.

"did you say anything?"

"ugh no nothing"

"do you wanna have ice cream?"

"ahh yes please"

"which flavour?"

"chocolate hazelnut"

"ok take care of my phone i will be right back" Jaemin said as he handed his phone to Hana before leaving.

Hana was sitting there staring at the beauty of the city glowing with the carnival lights under the dark sky. It is a rare time when she gets to enjoy this much. She was sincerely grateful to the boy who made her feel like this which she never imagined she would ever after. She was looking at the happy families in the carnival, the kids entering holding the hands of their parents, them buying foods for the kids which reminded her of her childhood days.

She now faced towards the river which was behind her admiring its night beauty. There she saw a couple sitting on the edge of the river holding hands. Their heads leaning upon each other as the vague sound of their laughter was reaching her ears.