Chapter 4 AGAIN- (Saiko) Splitting Up

As much as I'd love to hide her somewhere safe, there's no way of knowing if it really is as safe as I think it is. However, it sure would be a LOT safer than dragging her around with me. It's for Akira's sake! I want nothing more than to keep her safe!

"(Y/N)?!" Akira was still in shock from the recent events. Can you blame her? She almost got attacked by Saiko, and now she's suddenly thrown over my shoulder with me running down the halls. "Where are we going?!"

"Uh... That's what I'm trying to figure out!" It was hard to think, talk, and run at the same time. Even harder when someone, who is out for blood, is coming after you. "By the way, I won't complain if you got any ideas in that cute head of yours! Just so you know!"

"Um..." She starts moving around and I had to try not to drop her.

"Hey, I'll drop you if you keep moving around like that!"

I heard an almost clinging noise. "I found two keys. One is to a storage room."

"Which one?"

"This floor's... I think?"

"Good! We'll head there then."

After a while of running down the halls with Akira on my shoulder, we finally got to the storage room. "Ugh... Hurry and... Huff... Get in!" My heart was beating hard against my chest, and I can hear it hammering in my ears. "Now listen to me, I want you to stay here and not move from this spot. No matter what, unless Saiko has found you, DO. NOT. MOVE."

Her eyes widened, and were filled with defiance. "But what about you? I can't just sit around hiding for my life while you run." She shakes her head. "I'm coming with you!"

My heart was touched when she said this, and I had stop myself from changing my mind. "No, it's too risky to have us both go together."

"Then we can search seperately-"

"An even bigger no." I don't have time to be arguing with her over this. "Akira, all I want is for you to be safe."

"..."

I thought for a moment, then an idea struck me. "Akira, can I see the key for a moment?" Without thinking about it, she hands over the storage room key. "Sorry, but you leave me no choice." I say as I shove her in and locked the door."

"(Y/N)?!"

"Don't shout or make too much noise, you'll just attract his attention and get yourself killed." I place my hand on the door. "I promise I'll do anything in my power to make it back to you. If I don't, at least you'll be safe until sunrise." I didn't wait to hear what she might say, and simply rushed off. 'So just stay there like a good girl.'

(Time Skip)

I've been walking around for a short while, but honestly? I don't even know where to start. Akira only ever told me about the storage key. 'Maybe there's a classroom that's already unlocked?'

My thoughts were cut off when I heard a voice. "Hey, I know." Quick and quietly, I entered the restrooms and hid in one of the stalls, raising my feet from the floor so he wouldn't spot them under the stalls. Not long after, I would hear his voice again. "Are you in this room?" I heard the door open. "In here? Hmm..." He walks in and I hear him stop in front of the stalls.

'Did he notice me?' I held my breath, as if that'll help my situation.

Strangely though, instead of checking any of them, I hear him walk away. "There is no point in hiding."

When I heard the door shut behind him, I let out a small sigh of relief. 'That was WAY too close for comfort.' I became a bit more aware of my surroundings when I thought it was safe, that's when I noticed one of Saiko's drawings on the bathroom door. 'This is a bit of an odd place to put it.' Just like with the others, I placed it in the diary.