Chapter 1- Shinji and the Yandere

She's gone! She's vanished off the face of the Earth! Akira was supposed to have met up with us after school, yet she's nowhere to be seen. Now I'm stuck here alone with Shinji, and I'd rather not waste my time with someone I could care less about. Now I'm worried...

"Where is she? She should have been here hours ago..."

"What? Is my company not enough for you?" The girl I was with pouted.

I smiled. "That's not it at all, Shinji. I actually quite enjoy spending time with you." I lied. "You know, just the two of us, alone, without Akira. I totally enjoy spending quality time together just the two of us without her."

At first, she seemed convinced, but then I started to sound a little sarcastic towards the end. "Hey, you're going to end up hurting my feelings!" Fortunately, it seems she took my words as a joke, despite them being the truth. "Come on, we don't need Akira to have a good time. I'm great company."

I let out a small laugh. "Sure, okay."

"Why do you have to be like that?" She reaches out both hands to ruffle my hair.

I quickly backed away from her. "Whoa, no touchy!"

She rolls her eyes. "Seriously? You're fine with Akira touching you, so why can't I?"

I clasp both hands together, smiling sweetly. "That's because she's different. That aside, I want to go find her."

"You've been going on and on about that for a while now? Are you that worried?"

"Are you saying that you aren't? Need I remind you that we were supposed to meet a long time ago and she hasn't said, messaged, or called a word to us about any change of plans? I'm surprised we haven't gone to check up on her sooner."

She sighs once more, rubbing the back of her neck. "Alright, you have a point. Just what is she doing that needs so much of her time?"

I crossed my arms. "Maybe because she's actually in danger? We should go find her. Like, right now!" I started to get a bit worked up.

I usually acted calm, so when she saw my growing irritation, her eyes widened, and she backed up a bit. "Geez! Since when were you so obsessed with Akira's whereabouts? Have you decided to turn into that loser creep or something?"

Ah, 'loser creep'. She's talking about Saiko. "I wouldn't say that. It's more like, I have good reason to be worried because of all the reasons I've said before. Why aren't you worried?"

She waved her hands in front of her, trying to get me to calm down. "You know what? Maybe you're right."

"Maybe?" I questioned her.

She ignores my questioning tone and continues. "Alright, let's go do that. Let's go back to the school and look for Akira- Hey! Wait!"

She didn't need to tell me twice. I was already making my way there. "We shouldn't waste any time, the sun is starting to set. Who knows, maybe that loser creep you mentioned before is the reason we have yet to see her." I looked back at her, who was trying to keep up with me, smiling. "Maybe he has her at gun or knifepoint, trying to get her to go out with him."

"Don't parrot what I've said, you know I was joking." Despite what she said, she lets out a small chuckle, smirking. "But who knows, he was crazy enough to stalk her wherever she goes. It wouldn't be much of a surprise at this point. I'm still waiting for that to happen with you."

I didn't act surprised at her words and instead, laughed it off. "Me? Stalk Akira? Do you honestly see me doing that?"

Shinji jokingly shrugs. "Who knows.~ You do act clingy with her, who knows what you might do next. You better watch out, or else Akira might ask me to tell you to leave her alone."