Chapter 6 AGAIN- (Saiko) A Gentle Touch

I hear humming... It sounded cheerful, awaking me from the slumber I was forced into. I refused to give away that fact, so I kept my eyes shut. I felt someone touching my hands. It can only be Saiko, and he was wrapping them in what I assume to be bandages. My hands didn't hurt as much as they were previously, and they felt cold yet clean.

Having someone else's hands on my own gave me a tingling feeling. I didn't know if I hated or liked it, but because I knew it wasn't Akira's, I went with hate. I couldn't do anything about it, so I studied the hands from what I can feel. Saiko's hands were completely different from hers that were small, warm and soft. His were much larger, they felt cold and were slightly rough from the calluses on his fingers.

One could easily guess it was from all the drawing he does, but there was also from what I found out about his... life at home. I first got an idea when Shinji and I went to follow him home one rainy day after school. Afterwards, I went looking into it myself to learn a thing or two about him. A former rich boy with a father locked in an asylum, and a neglectful and bossy stepmother whose most likely involved in suspicious activity. His father and home are gone, and now he's stuck in a rundown apartment with a woman who treats him like a servant.

It's because of these reasons that I can't bring myself to......

"So reckless and clumsy." He suddenly spoke. It was in his usual teasing tone but softer. "This old cut, I wonder how you got it." I felt him gently run a finger on the palm of the hand that held the scar. I try not to flinch, making sure to be as still as possible so he doesn't suspect me being awake. "If it weren't for this cut, you and senpai might not have met or fallen in love... If it weren't for this cut, maybe we could've gotten along."

Honestly, I wasn't too surprised about him knowing the story behind the cut. If I was capable of learning even one thing about his private life, then I'm sure he could do the same with me if he ever wanted to.

He didn't say or do anything else after that, but I could still feel him by my side, staring holes into me. After a while, I heard him sigh and walk away. I barely opened one of my eyes to see what he was doing. He sat himself at a table before burying his head in his arms. He lets out another sigh, a tired one, before he stopped moving.

I waited a little while longer before sitting up from a bed, only then did I realize that we were in the infirmary. I look around but didn't see any of my stuff, at least, not that I can immediately see. I quietly and cautiously got out of bed and approached Saiko, who I believed to be sound asleep. I studied his face, which looked at peace as he slept. 'He really is a crazy stalker, and after everything he's done, you can't say that he's any better of a person than I am.' I continued thinking, a bit lost in thought. 'What made him decide he'd rather help me instead of easily killing me off when he had the chance? Did he like this little game that much? At least it's kept me alive this long. I guess he's also a weirdo.' For some reason, the thought made me smile a little.

Thinking about him now had brought me back to what I was previously thinking about before he spoke earlier. I once again thought about the life he had led up until now. It was sad life, and I'll admit, it bummed me out and I even pitied him a bit. Everything about him...

It's because of these reasons that I can't bring myself to......

"I can't bring myself to completely hate you..." I didn't know what possessed me, but I spoke softly and without putting much thought to it, I reached out to move a strand of his now messily cut hair out of his face to get a better look of it. Another reason why I don't hate him as much as one would think, is because there is one thing that I can agree with him on aside from our love for Akira. "I also believe we could've gotten along, you weirdo." I reached out to touch one of his hands, but that was when I came to my senses. I jerk my hand away from his as if I was burned, despite it being feeling as cool as ice. 'No... No, no, no..! What was all that about?! Why don't I feel uncomfortable?! I need to get out of here!' I decided that I overstayed my welcome in his company and rushed out to retrieve my stuff, that I hoped were still in the classroom I passed out in.