Chapter 2- Reunited

Love is like a home. A place where you feel warm, yourself, and at ease. In its warm embrace, you'd feel comforted. You'd do anything to keep it from falling apart, and you wouldn't forgive anyone for doing anything ill to it. That home is your love for that person. Love is a home and home is a place that has love. I there is no love, you can't call it a home, can you?

It's quiet. The silence brought forth a cold feeling. I long to hear the voice of the only one who matters to me. Maybe then, I'd feel warm again. I must find Akira, quick.

I ventured onward towards the school entrance. Just as I did when I first came here with Shinji, I took a look around. If She thought the school looked eerie with the glow of the setting sun, I wonder what she'd think, seeing it covered with a blanket of the darkness of the night.

Cautiously, I entered the dark building. The person who sent me the message to come, they most likely wouldn't expect me to have already been here when I received it and were expecting me to take my time coming here, Yet here I am. Though I should still be careful of smart people and those who have ears.

As quiet as the school building, I explored in silence. Keeping an eye and ear out for anything undesirable. The further I went withing the school, the more I realized that it wasn't as quiet as I thought. Curious, I headed towards the direction the noise was coming from.

The sound was a voice that led me to the infirmary. The doors were still unlocked like before and not long after opening them, a familiar voice called out to me. "(Y/N)! Thank goodness you're here! You've got to help me!"

It was quite the sight, Shinji tied up on one of the beds. "Shinji, I had no idea you were into bondage!"

The delight in her eyes when she first saw me disappeared as soon as those words left my mouth. "You can't be serious right now. This is no time for jokes!"

"You're right." I got closer to her, leaning over her and speaking eagerly. "Have you found Akira? Where is she?!"

"Forget Akira! You need to free me!" She shouted angrily.

"Geez, you don't need to shout." I back away from her a bit. "I'm learning a lot about you. First you like bondage-"

"I don't!"

"And apparently you like grabbing the attention of others by shouting." She silenced at that, realizing that I'm most likely talking about a certain someone.

"(Y/N) you've got to get me out. That loser creep did this." She spoke more quietly.

"I figured as much, but what about Akira?"

Her face twisted in impatience. "Who cares?!" She whispered yelled, now stuggling against the restraints. "Help me right now!"

My face darkened. "So, not only have you not found Akira, but now you're wasting my precious time that could be used to find her. How useless can you possibly be? Come on, there's got to be a limit." I pulled out my axe.

She got really nervous seeing it. "H-Hold on now! I know you don't like touching others but isn't this a bit of an extreme method?!"

"Oh Shinji... I'm afraid we have different ideas. I tend to stay away from such violent methods for obvious reasons, but oh well..."

"W-Wait... What are you-"

"Sorry, but I think you've been a third wheel for long enough." I got into position.

She began to struggle even more than before. I could see her wrists turning red from the rope harshly rubbing against her skin. "(Y/N), please! D-Don't do this... I don't want to die!"