Chapter 3- Choice to be Made

It took us a while, but we managed to find the breaker room. Fortunately, we also didn't run into Saiko, who we don't doubt is looking for us. When I opened the breaker, I groaned in annoyance. "Ugh, what the heck is this??" There was a switch, but there were also several smaller switches underneath it. I tried flipping the bigger one, but that didn't do anything, which adds frustration to my annoyance. "Am I an idiot or something?"

"I wouldn't say that." Akira let's out a quiet laugh. "Um, let me try. You have the axe, so you can guard my back while I work on this."

"Sounds like a plan." I face the door to the room while Akira tried to solve the riddle that is the breaker. I listened to the sounds of clicking, buzzing, and the frustrated noises Akira would make from time to time. It was in that order as a repeated cycle, at least, only for a little while. Three new noises ended it. A ding noise, the sound of the giant switch being flipped, and Akira's quiet cheers.

"I finally did it." She said as the lights flickered on.

"I can see that." I took a look at the breaker. Pairs of colors glowed above the smaller switches. "What the- Who would have a breaker switch like this?"

"Our school apparently."

"I guess. Let's head out, we've been here for too long trying to figure out the switch. He probably knows that we're here since we brought power back to the school."

My eyes land on the windows of the doors. I can see that the lights were on in the halls, which was a good thing. Why was it a good thing you might ask? Maybe it's because I was able to see movement coming down the hall.

My eyes widen, which Akira was quick to take notice. "What's wrong?"

"Hide."

"Excuse me?"

I grab her arm before pulling her over to a locker that was in the room. "Someone's coming."

Her eyes were now as wide as mine. She wasted no time getting into the locker. I was about to close the locker door and prepare myself to fend off Saiko, but then I felt her pull on my wrist towards her. "What are you doing?! Get in here you idiot!" She whisper-yelled.

"Wh-Wha." She tries to make more room, which just resulted in us being squished together. 'So close... Shes pressed up against me...' For a moment I almost forgot about the person.

I was reminded when I heard the breaker room doors open, and the very faint sound of bare feet on the hard school floor. It was hard to see through the holes of the locker, but I was able to make out a bloodstained boy. He looked around. "Where did you go? Stop hiding and come out..."

'Obviously we won't.' Honestly, if it weren't for the voice, I would have thought he was a different person. Because gone was his long hair, which he messily cut short. His school sweater vest was gone and so were his glasses. He was missing a lot of things, and the only thing he seemed to add to his appearance was the blood that covered him. It was Saiko.

"Hm..." He hummed to himself before huffing in irritation. "Stop it." He whispered to himself, but it was still loud enough for us to hear. He turns around and leaves the room, hearing the door shut behind him. After waiting a couple minutes, we quietly opened the locker and stepped out.

"That... Was a close one." Akira holds her arms, shivering in fear. "I thought we were done for. It's a good thing you said something."

"Yeah..." Honestly, I could care less about our close call with Saiko. I'm still thinking about the closeness we had in that locker, my heart is still beating fast. I would say I wished we were still as close as we were then, but I don't know how much more my heart would take.