Her Discovery

(A/N: Been having lack of motivation lately, I just can't find the patience to sit down and write lately :<

Upvotes mean a lot to me and encourage me to actually keep writing, when many times I feel like discontinuing, so please take a second to upvote if you don't mind!

And I'm in sort of a grumpy mood, so here's a fun-not-so-fun fact (you'll see it a bit in this chapter) : Just like Bachira, Yoichi never really had any friends until he came to Blue Lock)

Y/N's POV

Our match against Team Y will soon be over.

After my goal, our team proceeded to score another four goals. The first two scored by Reo and Zantetsu, then me, then Reo once again.

It became evident that this match's spotlight centered on the three of us alone.

Well, that was until Nagi came along....

And scored three goals of his own...making the score 10-0

More than anything, I wasn't expecting him to hop into the action....I'd been almost a 100% sure he was playing goalkeeper most of this match..

Nevertheless, once he actually started participating, it was clear who the spotlight was on now.

His ball control and aerial shots.....were almost at the level of pros.

Amazing.

Just when I thought the people here in Blue Lock couldn't get any more cooler.

In the middle of my speculation, I didn't even realize when the game ended- until a loud 'THUD' alerted me back to my senses.

I immediately spun around to find the kid with bangs slumped on the floor, his head pressed unto the ground.

"God isn't fair....God isn't fair..." He mumbled with a shaky voice, while one of his fists grabbed a fistful of grass.

The excitement in my heart now replaced itself with a new feeling,

Pity.

                                                                            ...

If I could describe our lunch after the match in two words, I would say...

Completely. Crazy.

"Alright." Reo muttered, a sort of intimidating aura surrounding him as he lifted his hamburger meal up. "This is what I have for you all today." 

Then he let out a short exhale before yelling,

"LET THE 3RD MEAL TRADING MARKET BEGIN!"

And the majority of my teammates screamed even louder in return.

Sigh

In Blue Lock, our ranks determined our meals. A little while after our match against Team Y, our ranks had been updated- which according to Ego was due to the fifteen players which had "locked off" after the Tag game in each stratum. 

As well as this, goals scored also pushed our rankings up a notch.

I glanced at my new rank for the third time now: 223.

My new ranking and two goals earned me a hamburger meal (just like Reo)- which wasn't half bad if you saw what most of my other teammates were stuck with.

Which is why almost everyone right now is desperate for just a piece of Reo's hamburger meat.

"Animals...they're all disgusting animals." Hina groaned as we sat ourselves on a table in the corner. "The lengths they would go for just to get a piece of meat..." She poked her fork at her boiled spinach. "I mean....my food is pretty bad too- but I would never lose my dignity trying to trade meals like that ."