First Game

(A/N: This chapter is based on Chapter 5 of Episode Nagi, but with many parts excluded and/or edited

And Happy 4th of July for all Americans and people living in America!)

Y/N's POV

Time until match: 15:30

In just a matter of minutes, I'll be playing my first match in this "Blue Lock" .

Apparently, this match would kickstart the "First Selection", our first round of battles here.

Right now, Hina and I are studying the set of rules being displayed on the screen.

"So...the fifth stratum starts from V- which is us- and ends at Team Z. That means we'll be facing all the teams below us, which are Teams W, X, Y and Z? The top two teams will advance, and the other three bottom teams will end up eliminated?" Hina questioned, her face turned to mine.

"Yeah." I confirmed, before pointing a finger at the screen. "But it looks like the top scorer of the three teams will advance anyway."

"Hm...I see"

Zantetsu's voice perked up from behind us.

At the sound of his voice, me and Hina wavered backwards a bit to stare at him.

Maybe he had some sort of useful input to add.

"So that means..." he continued. "That the real objective of this first selection is to score ten goals, trade those points using the bonus thingy, get the one day pass, and then escape the hell out of here....right?"

Forget what I said about useful input.

Hina and I shared a simultaneous face pound as Reo muttered "Moron" a few feet away.

Sigh

14 minutes and counting till our match and we still hadn't decided on any sort of game plan or strategy yet.

Oh yeah, maybe he would know what we could do.

I strode my way over to Reo.

From what it looked like, he was in the middle of a conversation with Nagi again....probably telling him to stop whining again, but as I approached, his attention switched over to me.

"Oh, hey, Isagi, what's up?" he beamed, lifting his left hand to send a wave.

I simply nodded, returning the wave a bit before crouching in front of him. "Got any sort of idea for our game strategy?"

Despite just meeting the guy a couple of days ago, he somehow struck me as the kind of person to be good with analytics and all that shit.

And I really hoped my intuition was right.

"Hm.." Reo hummed at my question a bit, the smile on his face faltering a bit. "Lemme think for a second.." he placed his chin in his hands before gazing at the ground- seemingly lost in thought.

So I waited.

And waited..

Until...

"Okay, I know what to do now." he finally said, before turning to face the rest of our team with an even wider grin on his face. "Let's have a team that centers around our weapons and my playmaking abilities. What do you guys think?"

Our teammates didn't look the least convinced.

But I was.

"Sounds good." I replied with a quick thumbs up, since it seemed nobody else was going to. "Anything that leads us to victory is fine by me."