So it begins

Tag.

An amusing game that Y/N used to adore when she was much younger. 

She recalled the times when she and Yoichi would play the game in their backyard. Every single time they played, Y/N would win, because her speed always outmatched that of her brother.

Tag was customarily meant to be a fun game.

But not here in Blue Lock.

02:15

The timer's buzzing signaled the start of the game.

"Guess I'm it." the dark skinned male said, his player icon emerging on the screen.

However, it seemed everyone was more concerned with the rules of Blue Lock than the prospect of the "Tag".

"W-What's going on?" one male mumbled.

"This Ego man's insane!" another remarked, his fists clenched in infuriation.

"How does this have to do with soccer?" another was quick to add.

"Our future's going to be decided by a fricking game of TAG?" 

It was shocking but true. 

Someone in this room's soccer career would be ended by something as trivial as a game of tag.

Y/N had to admit, she felt like the odd one out among this group. Unlike the others, she wasn't nervous or pissed or confused. She was calm.

Unusually calm.

While the others continued to panic and Hina continued to freak out in the corner, a certain purple-haired male let out a small chortle before proceeding to collate his hair into a small bun.

"This is the best." Reo smirked. "Nagi, if we make it into the Top 5, we'll instantly be a part of the U-20 national team. This is the opportunity of a lifetime."

His white-haired friend didn't look the slightest bit amused.

"Oh, great." Nagi sighed. "You're in your "protagonist" mode again."

The two were conversing so freely, it was difficult to remember that there was a game going on right now.

"Idiot."

The duo turned backwards to meet the face of Nameoka Ryo, otherwise known as the "IT".

"I'm going to send one of you two home and split up your perfect combination!" He declared confidently, immediately kicking the ball in their direction.

The ball narrowly missed them, the two hopping out of the way at once.

"FUCK IT! I'm going to aim only at you two." You could practically see the steam churning out of Nameoka's ears.

"Do it if you can!" Reo didn't hesitate to stick his tongue out in a playful manner.

And so commenced the game of tag.

In a time where the heat had finally begun, where was Y/N Isagi, the so called "Jewel of Japan female football"?

Well, the said girl sat crouched in the corner, watching all the chaos from afar. 

And Hina, who at long last pulled herself together, stood only a few feet away.

"Y/N, are you going to just sit there for the entirety of the game?" The blonde female observed her rather undisturbed friend.

"Yeah, pretty much." Y/N's answer was as dull and uninterested as her mood. 

'Does she not realize the ball could easily hit her this way' Yashiro contemplated to herself before heaving a faint sigh.