Chapter 14 - Private Planes & Pure Intentions

"Thank you for the ride, John." I smiled up at the man who had just removed my bags from the back of the SUV. "It was very lovely to see you again."

He returned the smile, placing my carry-on bag gently into my hands. "It has been my pleasure Miss Amelia. I am sure I'll be seeing you again soon."

"I told you-" I gave him a stern look, tilting my head to the side. "You can call me Mia."

"Thanks so much John-" The British accent behind me made my stomach fall into knots. I turned around slowly, catching Harry smirking while fully looking towards the older man. "I really appreciate you taking good care of my people."

John's hand fell forward, grasping Harry's into a handshake. "Of course, always. Safe travels!" He gave a nod and final smile before returning to the driver's seat and taking off away from the departures drop off.

"Um...not that I'm not happy to see you but..." I glanced around, looking for any sign of a camera I could. "I thought we were meeting up with you inside?"

He shrugged, "We were, but there was someone I wanted to see very...very much. We should probably make this quick though." He smiled lightly, looking adorable in his own merch, hood up over his head so it clung close to his face. His body leaned ever so slightly closer to mine. "I wanna kiss you but I can't." His whisper felt like it clung to my eardrums as he moved back, sudden warmth washing over my body.

"Harold, you guys ready?" Jeff stood next to two men, one very large, tall man I had seen in pictures before, and another who was grasping onto a cart stacked with all of our suitcases

Harry took a quick glance behind him where they stood, "Yes, Jeffrey, we're ready." He put his hand out, palm up in front of me. "I will take that bag for you." Right as I was about to refuse, he tilted his head, shaking it ever so slightly. "Afraid I won't take no for an answer." I knew we needed to get moving, so I placed my carry-on bag in his hand once he was done adjusting his own that was hanging off of his shoulder.

I gravitated towards Sarah once we began walking inside, knowing that distancing away from Harry would be best if people began taking photos. Once fully inside, we were met with one airport security officer and two Los Angeles officers who guided us along, beginning the process of getting us through security and to the spot we were originally supposed to meet Harry in to then meet Kid once he arrived.

"Carrying your bag, hmm?" Dustin whispered from my left, keeping his attention forward as we followed.

"Can I help you?" I asked, tugging Harry's hoodie I closer to my body as I crossed my arms for comfort. He didn't respond right away, but the silence brought attention to Harry's name being called from different directions, phones now very visible in hands following his every move ahead of us.

Dustin pressed his lips together tightly, shaking his head as he adjusted the backpack on his back. "Nope. Nice hoodie, little big though."

"I like my hoodies oversized." The conversation ended there, which I was very thankful for, as we all gathered into a private small room covered in windows that looked out to the runway.