Chapter 23 - London deja vu

Harry's POV (surprise!)

"Are you sure you don't want me to walk in front of you? You know I don't mind..." Mia asked, the softest, purest look overtaking all of her features. I knew she had the best intentions, but I hated that she felt like she had to go off alone to avoid pictures being taken. There were plenty of pictures of us floating around the internet now, not that I cared, but what were a few more? We truly never really talk about them, but it did bring some form of relief that she wanted to avoid the comments, not that I think she couldn't handle them, but I never wanted her to see anything negative about herself.

"Love-" I gently placed my hand on her jawline, smiling as she melted into my hand. "I want you right by my side." Not only could I protect her if she was right by my side, but the level of comfort I felt just by her presence was something I couldn't explain, something I had never experienced before.

I would protect her at any cost.

The corner's of her mouth twisted up into a gentle smile. Even after the long flight, she looked as gorgeous as ever, I'm never not in awe of her. "Okay, whatever you want, baby." My heart fluttered at the simple pet name, the name that made me putty in her hands every time it left her lips. "Just wanna make things easy for you, stress free, it's a break for a reason."

"Being with you is easy." I said softly, placing a quick kiss on her rosy cheek before situating the strap of my duffle-bag on my shoulder, then swiftly placing her backpack on my back. "People are gonna get pictures of me regardless, don't worry about that. Ready to get out of here?" She hummed a reply with a nod, turning towards the door that lead from the loading bridge to the airport.

I didn't even think twice, reaching for her hand and intertwining our fingers as we began making our way quickly through the Heathrow airport to baggage claim.

"One of your strides is at least four of mine." Mia laughed as we finally came to a stop waiting for our bags. "That walk was a workout." She playfully huffed, pretending to wipe sweat off of her forehead before throwing her hands onto her hips.

My cheeks slightly burned, forgetting that I'm not only significantly taller than her, but have the tendency to walk fast. "I'm sorry..." I muttered, teeth clenched as I winced, hand running down my face.

"It's okay, I'm just messing with you!" She smirked, playfully bumping into my arm as I went to grab the first of our bags, not without sticking my tongue out at her of course.

Even just standing here with her in the airport felt different than the last trip, I had constant butterflies. It was just Mia and I, nothing work related going on. We were here spending Christmas together, with my family, the thought of her meeting them sending electricity throughout my body. I had never brought someone home for the holidays, and I had never been more excited to introduce someone to especially my mom, but Gemma too. 

"How is it that everything looks and feels so different, yet we were just here last month?" She asked, attention focused out the window in awe at the passing sights as she held onto my hand with the both of hers. "London at Christmastime is beautiful."

I hummed in agreement, "Not as beautiful as you though."

"Oh whatever!" She blushed, something she did often but each time it seemed to get better, made me feel like I was doing something right.