Chapter 16 - Butterflies

My eyes fluttered open as the sun creeped into the room from the space in between the curtains. A smile threatened to pull at my lips at the sight of Harry's arm draped over me, holding me closely to him as he slept, the warmth of his body radiating onto mine from behind. I couldn't remember the last time I felt safe with someone holding me like this.

Waking up this morning, it felt like something had shifted inside of me, but for the better this time. I had fully expected to wake up with regrets of spilling my guts, but instead I feel more ready to dive into my feelings for Harry than I had been. I feel comfortable. I feel in control of my life.

Rolling over so I could face him, I stifled a giggle as Harry let out a groan, never releasing his grasp on me but tightening it instead. He looked adorable with his hair askew, plump lips parted ever so slightly looking more kissable than ever,  and eyes squeezing shut like he was trying to force himself back to sleep.

"Good morning, H..." I whispered softly, a small smile tugging at his lips as I moved one of his curls off of his forehead. "I should probably leave before someone see's me come out of your room, yeah?" For the time being everyone was staying at Harry's house, which meant there was a very large chance of running into someone.

His hand made its way under the back of my shirt, rubbing up and down my spine gently sending fire throughout my body. "Who cares-" His voice was still full of sleep, the rasp and tone almost enough to send me through the roof. "I don't...do you?"

The more I thought about it, the more it seemed that everyone knew something was going on anyways. I trusted these people, so did Harry. "Not anymore..."

His eyes were now fluttering open, still so full of sleep but so full of light as he glanced down at my lips before finding my eyes. "So, does this mean I can stop holding myself back around everyone? Because it has been absolute torture." He was now close enough to my face that the tip of his nose was touching mine.

"I may let you hold my hand and stuff...you'll just have to wait and see." I teased, biting my bottom lip softly. If I thought it was possible, I would stay just like this for the entire day.

"Whatever you're comfortable with, love." I felt like I was floating on a cloud, I still couldn't explain the impact Harry had on me. With his quick glance to my lips, I was suddenly very aware of the fact that I had morning breath, pulling myself back as he leaned in only leave him with a scrunched up face full of confusion. "Hey-" His bottom lip stuck out into a pout.

I placed my hand over my mouth. "Harry, I totally have morning breath!"

"And your point is?" He removed his hand from my back, gently pulling my hand away from my face. "I want to kiss you..."

"You want to kiss me before I brush my teeth?" I cringed playfully.

A small chuckle left his lips, "If you'll let me, yes, I would very much enjoy kissing you right now."

Only hesitating for a second, I brought my hand to his stubble covered jaw, placing an ever so soft kiss on his lips enough to tease, but just as I was about to pull away, his lips put more pressure against mine, both of us now smiling into the kiss. "Nice try-" He mumbled against me, tickling my side, a laugh louder than intended erupting from my mouth causing him to gasp. "And you're ticklish? Oh this just keeps getting better!"

"H-Harry!" I somehow managed to say through the laughter as he continued to poke at my sides, our bodies becoming a tangled mess in the sheets as I attempted an escape. "P-please!"

My body was now underneath his as he hovered over me on his hands and knees. "I suppose I could let you go...under one condition-" He smirked into his laugh, poking me yet another time in the side sending my legs into a wiggling mess.