Chapter 18 - Music to my ears

Mia's POV

@ KeepingUpWithHarry Harry was spotted running around London yesterday with who has been confirmed as @ ItsMiaB, the sister of his best friend and producer/sound engineer @ DustinBernard. Although no PDA confirmed, the two are reported to have been really enjoying each other's company and quite flirty.

 Although no PDA confirmed, the two are reported to have been really enjoying each other's company and quite flirty

3.4K Retweets 2.8K Quotes 5K Likes

@ twitter1 She's not even pretty.
@ twitter2 How is the back of him so beautiful?
@ twitter3 He could do so much better than her.
@ twitter4 Omg Harry and Dustin's sister?! Who knew I needed this in my life.
@ twitter5 Lol they can just be friends guys chill.
@ twitter6 Wait...I think I ship it?
@ twitter7 Harry hanging out with someone?! The audacity of this man to have a life!!
@ twitter8 If they're together my heart will hurt, but from other tweets I've seen he's so happy around her.
@ twitter9 Ya'll it's literally one of his best friends sisters, they're just hanging out.
@ twitter10 She gives off bitch vibes.
@ twitter11 She's using her brother to get to celebrities, not cute.
@ twitter12 He is wayyy out of her league yikes.

"Fuck."

"Okay, we're gonna stop doing this now-" Sarah's voice was stern but gentle, taking the phone out of my hands as she plopped down next to me on the bed. "Putting your phone on do not disturb but getting on social media anyways defeats the purpose. Always better not to read these things, remember?"

My hands rested on my face, just nodding in agreement. I agreed with what she was saying, but curiosity killed the cat, right? "I know...and I knew this was probably gonna happen but I guess just deep down I hoped it wouldn't."

The sound of my phone going absolutely crazy was what woke me up this morning, photos being spread around like wildfire of Harry and I as we adventured through London. My social media accounts were bursting at the seams with new followers and mentions, although it wasn't necessarily hard to find out who I was with being tied to Dustin.

"You okay?" Sarah asked, putting my phone down on the nightstand before placing her hand gently on my arm as I removed my own from my face. "I know this can be a lot..."

"I'm fine." It wasn't a lie, I was fine, but that didn't mean I liked what I was seeing. As easy as it would be to do, I couldn't let these people hiding behind a screen tear me down, I had been through enough to let that be my downfall. I just hope my mindset stays like this. "Harry and I talked about the possibility of this happening before we even got out of the car yesterday." My fingers began anxiously picking at my cuticles.

Sarah smiled softly as she repositioned herself so she was facing me head on. "Has Harry said anything to you about it yet?"

I shook my head. "Not yet...."