Destroy Her

Blaze

"Creeper alert," Jesse snickered from behind her.

She didn't bat an eye, "No dick alert."

She continued on through the lunch line as if nothing happened.

I had to give it to her. She didn't take shit from anyone.

Grabbing her tray, she paid for her food, glancing over her shoulder at us. We locked eyes and she quickly turned away, heading in the direction of her other freak friends.

"I'd hit that," Jordan said, "I mean, I'd try it on for size."

I just shook my head, "You are a man whore. "

Jordan scoffed, looking at me dryly, "Says the guy who's hit everything in town. Speaking of, don't look now. "

I did look, though.

Shit, it was Erica Burke, my ex.

"Hi!" She stepped behind me in line, as I was drawing my hoodie up, "I said hello."

"The fuck do you want, Erica?" I asked, not turning around.

Jordan and Jesse snickered as we made our way through the line and up to the food counter. They hated Erica probably even more than I did. She's the one who tried tricking me into getting her knocked up, but thanks to circulating rumors, I found out quick as shit and let that bitch go.

"Blaze, I think you need to accept my apology. I was wrong," she said softly.

Oh, I'd heard that before.

Rolling my eyes, I turned to look at her. She was still hot, preppy. Her hair was in a ponytail that day and her big brown eyes peered into mine, "I said I didn't care. Stop stalking me."

She huffed, "I could have had any guy in this school and I chose you!"

That was it for me.

"Then do what you do best and go fuck another guy!" I wasn't quiet. I yelled. I yelled it so loudly that her tears came almost immediately. Fucking typical. She'd cry if I breathed wrong. I knew I shouldn't have toyed with a girl like Erica, but I was not in my right mind. I was thinking with everything but my brain. Worst seven months of my life!

Jesse and Jordan were seated at our usual table as we all watched her run from the cafeteria. The room was silent with a few murmurs here and there.

She and I locked eyes again. Although she smirked, I couldn't tell whether or not she was dismissive of my actions or Erica's. But also, why would I give a fuck what Sapphire Soper thought about me? I was Blaze Baxter, for Christ's sake. Hell, I didn't need to be a jock or rich to own this school, but the rich part helped.

Sapphire:

"He's such a tool," Melissa shook her head, looking down at her half eaten sandwich, "I mean, Erica's not any better, but damn!"

I nodded, "They eat their own, sis."

"I'd like to be eaten by Blaze Baxter," Lourdes piped up, giggling.

"He's so hot!" Melissa fanned herself, "Just put out the flames! I need a cold shower. That dark hair, not too long, not too short! How it flows into his face when he hasn't combed it back. And his brown eyes! Girl, I'm a blue eyed lover, but his eyes are like these dark caramel dots that could steal my soul!"

"Have you seen him in gym class?" Lourdes pretended to faint, holding up a dramatic hand to her forehead and tilting her head back, "Ripped as fuck! I'd love to run my tongue all over that smooth chest of his! "