Chapter One.

"Hmm," the Third Hokage spoke, his voice resonating with wisdom as he stood before the bed, Kakashi stood at the side, his hands nonchalantly tucked into his pockets, his visible eye focused on the scene unfolding before him. The room was filled with a hushed anticipation, each breath carrying the weight of the conversation about to unfold.

"My boy, Mizuki," Hiruzen continued, his tone measured and thoughtful. "As you noticed, he stands out too much as a Sarutobi. His white hair, sharp teeth, blue eyes... It's undeniable that he carries the blood of the Hozuki Clan."

Kakashi's visible eye narrowed slightly, a flicker of understanding crossing his features. The reputation of the Hozuki Clan was not lost on him, known for their notoriety and the shadow of darkness that followed in their wake. He nodded in silent acknowledgment, absorbing the weight of Mizuki's lineage and the challenges it presented.

"That boy of mine has been through a great deal," Hiruzen continued, his voice tinged with a mixture of sorrow and determination. "You know firsthand just how notorious the Hozuki Clan can be. Mizuki escaped from the village at the tender age of five, fleeing the darkness that consumed his own kin."

Kakashi's gaze shifted around the room, taking in the subtle details that spoke volumes about Mizuki's journey. The magazines scattered on the desk, their covers adorned with glamorous girls; the books stacked neatly on the shelves, dedicated to the art of cooking and the creation of nourishment. They were glimpses into a life that had been disrupted, fragments of a soul seeking solace and normalcy amidst the chaos of the world.

"I see potential in him," Hiruzen remarked, his voice filled with conviction. "Despite his dark past and the burdens he carries, Mizuki possesses a strong sense of justice and an unwavering desire to protect his home. He has the potential to become a symbol of hope for those who have faced tragedies of their own."

Kakashi's gaze shifted back to Mizuki's sleeping form, his expression softened by empathy. He understood the weight of carrying a troubled past, the complexities of redemption and finding one's place in the world. His own journey had been one marked by shadows, and he recognized the flicker of resilience burning within Mizuki's young heart.

"Now, I need you to look after Mizuki," Hiruzen addressed Kakashi, his voice laced with a mix of trust and responsibility. "I'm entrusting him to your care, in my place. Guide him, teach him, and instill in him the values that our village holds dear. He may bear the blood of the Hozuki Clan, but it is his actions, his choices, that will shape his destiny."

Kakashi's visible eye met Hiruzen's, a silent understanding passing between them. He straightened his posture, a flicker of determination igniting within him. "I will do as you ask, Hokage-sama," he responded, his voice resolute.

-

-

-

-

Mizuki rested his head on the table, feeling a mixture of boredom and anticipation while sitting beside an Uchiha teammate. The room was filled with the chatter of other teams, who had already met their teachers, while their own sensei remained conspicuously absent. Naruto, ever restless, voiced his frustration.

"How come our sensei is the only one who's late? The other teams have already met their teachers, and even Iruka-sensei is gone," Naruto complained, his impatience evident in his tone. Mizuki roused from his brief reverie, casting his gaze toward the energetic blonde.

"Hey, I have an idea," Mizuki suggested, a mischievous glint in his eyes. The attention of his teammates shifted toward him, their curiosity piqued. "How about we play a little prank on this guy? It'll be payback for being late."