Chapter six

Naruto, ever competitive, surged ahead of the group, his determination evident in his every step. His eyes glinted with a fierce resolve; he wasn't willing to let Sasuke take the lead this time. As he scoured the area for any signs of danger, he spotted a slight movement in the bushes. With swift precision, he hurled a kunai, aiming for the unseen target.

Sakura's scolding voice sliced through the tension. "Stop showing off, Naruto! There was nothing there!" Her irritation was palpable, a testament to her concern for unnecessary harm.

Ugetsu, with his trademark concern etched on his face, approached Naruto cautiously. "Please, Naruto-kun. You might end up harming innocent animals..."

"Hey, chibi! Don't scare us!" Tazuna chimed in, his voice a mix of annoyance and amusement.

Undeterred, Naruto continued his search, throwing another kunai in a different direction. An alarmed gasp escaped Sakura as she watched the weapon whiz past. In an instant, she reacted, her fist connecting with Naruto's head in a swift reprimand.

Meanwhile, Ugetsu hurried towards where Naruto's kunai had landed. His heart sank as he discovered a white rabbit, cowering in fear. With utmost gentleness, he scooped up the frightened creature, cradling it in his arms. "Oh no," he murmured, his voice laced with sympathy.

"Naruto! Look what you've done!" Sakura's frustration was evident, her worry for the rabbit mirroring Ugetsu's own.

In the shadows of a nearby tree, a mysterious figure observed the scene with keen interest. His grip tightened around the hilt of his sword as he noted Ugetsu's tenderness towards the rabbit. "I see," he muttered, his eyes narrowing with determination. "The heir of the Hozuki clan is still alive, and he possesses a kind heart."

With a swift motion, the man lunged into action. His sword whistled through the air, hurtling towards the group. Ugetsu's senses tingled with danger, and he reacted instinctively. "Everyone, duck!" he shouted, his voice commanding.

The massive blade impaled itself into a tree trunk, inches away from Ugetsu. He stared at it, his eyes widening in shock and recognition. "Big brother Zabuza," he whispered, the name carrying a weight of memories and unfinished business.

Kakashi swiftly positioned himself between Ugetsu and the menacing figure, his Sharingan eye spinning to life. "Stay back, everyone," he ordered, his voice calm yet firm. His hand instinctively moved to his forehead protector, revealing the renowned Sharingan eye.

Zabuza's voice sliced through the tension, his tone laced with a mixture of familiarity and challenge. "I'm guessing you are Kakashi, the Sharingan user. I'm sorry, but I'll need you to hand over the geezer and that boy over there." He nodded towards Ugetsu, his gaze cold but tinged with recognition. "Nice to see you're alive, Ugetsu."

Kakashi's eye narrowed as he assessed the situation. "Everyone, form the manji formation," he ordered, his tone unwavering. "Protect Tazuna-san. Do not engage in battle unless necessary. Our teamwork lies in not interfering with each other's battles."-

-

-

The forest rapidly filled with a thick mist, resembling the technique Ugetsu had displayed during their initial training with Kakashi. It cloaked the surroundings in an eerie veil, obscuring visibility and heightening the sense of impending danger. Naruto's voice cut through the ominous atmosphere.

"He disappeared!" Naruto exclaimed, his voice tinged with urgency.

Sakura's concern was palpable as she asked the question that was on everyone's mind. "What is he?"

Kakashi, his single visible eye exuding a sense of solemnity, took a moment to answer. His gaze flickered briefly towards Ugetsu, a silent acknowledgment of the boy's history with the Hidden Mist Village. "Momochi Zabuza," Kakashi began, his voice laced with the gravity of the situation. "He was a member of the Hidden Mist's Anbu and renowned for his 'silent killing' techniques. As the name suggests, these techniques are executed swiftly and in absolute silence. It's entirely possible to meet one's end before even realizing it. My Sharingan won't be of much help here. We need to remain vigilant, and failing to do so could be fatal."

As Naruto pointed out the thickening mist, anxiety hung heavily in the air. Ugetsu, however, exuded an air of calm assurance. He initiated a series of hand signs, releasing his chakra to dissipate the mist that had shrouded their surroundings.

His attention subtly shifted to Sasuke, recognizing the unease in the younger boy. Memories of his own time in the Hidden Mist, fraught with notoriety and danger, flooded his thoughts.

"Sasuke-kun," Ugetsu said with a comforting smile, drawing Sasuke's gaze. "Don't worry. Kakashi-sensei will protect us, and I won't allow Big Brother Zabuza to harm anyone on my team."

"Why are you always so optimistic, Ugetsu?" His question hung in the air, leaving everyone momentarily frozen.

The ominous silence was shattered as Zabuza materialized before Tazuna, his blade poised for a lethal strike. Fear clung to the air as he attempted to claim his target, but Kakashi intervened, plunging a kunai into the assailant. A triumphant note filled the atmosphere, but it was short-lived as the realization struck. Zabuza had employed a water clone.

"Die!" Zabuza roared, swinging his massive blade at Kakashi. The blade cleaved through the clone, revealing the Shinobi's mastery of the art of deception.