Chapter Seven.

Before Kakashi could launch his attack, two mysterious needles suddenly appeared out of nowhere and pierced Zabuza's neck, sending shockwaves through everyone present. Kakashi's gaze shot upwards, only to find a masked figure standing confidently on a nearby branch. "It's true," he chuckled, his voice dripping with a mix of amusement and satisfaction. "He's truly met his end."

Ugetsu's head snapped around, his eyes widening as he recognized the familiar mask perched on the branch. Kakashi gracefully leaped off the tree, landing beside Zabuza and checking his pulse. "He's really gone," Kakashi confirmed, his voice tinged with a hint of sadness as he glanced up at the mysterious boy.

The boy bowed respectfully to Kakashi. "Thank you. I've been waiting for an opportunity to eliminate Zabuza."

Kakashi's curiosity piqued as he observed the boy's mask. "That mask... If my memory serves me right, you must be a hunter-nin from the Hidden Village of the Mist."

"You're quite well-informed," the boy replied, casting a knowing glance at Ugetsu.

"A hunter-nin?" Naruto interjected, his voice laced with anger and confusion.

Ugetsu took it upon himself to explain to Naruto. "Hunter-nins are skilled assassins tasked with eliminating rogue ninjas who betray their birth villages. And of course, someone from the esteemed Hozuki Clan would be well-versed in such matters."

"Hozuki Clan?" Sakura furrowed her brow in confusion, but Naruto cut her off before she could ask further questions. "Who are you?"

"Easy, Naruto," Kakashi intervened, standing up and approaching the boy. "He's not our enemy."

"That's not what I'm asking! But... Zabuza was killed! He was so powerful, yet he fell so easily to a kid not much different from me!" Naruto exclaimed, frustration and disbelief evident in his voice. "We look like fools! I can't accept this!"

"I understand your disbelief," Kakashi said, stepping closer to the boy. "But this is the reality we face. In this world, there are children younger than you who possess greater strength than even I do." He emphasized his point, casting a meaningful glance at Ugetsu, who avoided his gaze.

"Our battle ends here, for now," the masked boy declared, lifting Zabuza's lifeless body. "I must dispose of this corpse. It holds many secrets. If you'll excuse me." With a swift hand gesture, both he and Zabuza vanished from sight.

Naruto dropped to his knees, his fists pounding the ground in anger. "What was that?!" he shouted, his frustration echoing through the air. "What were we...?! Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!"

Kakashi swiftly grabbed Naruto's hand, preventing him from inflicting further harm on himself or the ground. "These are the realities of being a ninja. If you don't like it, then strive to change it next time," he advised, releasing Naruto's hand and turning to address the rest of the team. "Our mission is not yet complete. We must escort Tazuna-san back to his home."

As Kakashi took a few steps forward, exhaustion suddenly overcame him, causing him to collapse. "Sensei!" Ugetsu reacted quickly, catching the gray-haired ninja before he hit the ground.

"What happened?" Sakura, Sasuke, and Tazuna rushed over, concern etched on their faces.

"He'll be fine," Ugetsu reassured them, beginning to administer some healing techniques to Kakashi. "He's simply exhausted from expending too much chakra."

With Naruto and Sasuke's assistance, they carefully carried Kakashi to Tazuna's house. Ugetsu's gaze lingered on the spot where the masked boy had disappeared. "This was too easy... Based on what big brother Zabuza taught me, he wouldn't have allowed himself to be defeated so easily."

"Sasuke, help me carry Sensei," Ugetsu called out, snapping out of his thoughts as he took charge of the situation. They needed to ensure Kakashi received proper rest and care to recover fully.

-

-

-

Not long after, they all gathered at Tazuna's house. The genins sat around Kakashi, who lay on a futon, waiting for him to wake up. Ugetsu had done his best to treat Kakashi's injuries with his water technique.

"Yo," Ugetsu called out to his friends. "Don't you find it strange?" he asked, still suspicious about how easily Zabuza had been defeated.

Sakura tilted her head in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Before Ugetsu could respond, Naruto interrupted. "Look, Sensei is awake!"

They all moved closer to Kakashi as he groaned and slowly opened his eyes. "Are you okay, Sensei?" Ugetsu asked, helping him sit up by grabbing his upper arm. "I've been better, but it'll be a week before I can move normally," Kakashi replied.

"Listen, Sensei," Sakura spoke up. "That was truly amazing, but if it puts so much strain on you, maybe you shouldn't use your Sharingan."

"Sorry," Kakashi apologized.

"Well, you did take down one of the most powerful assassins, so we should be safe for a while," Tazuna remarked, fanning himself.

Ugetsu then spoke up, capturing everyone's attention. "Sensei, aren't Hunter-nins supposed to eliminate the corpse on the spot? And isn't it a rule for them to bring back the head as proof?"

Kakashi stared into Ugetsu's piercing blue eyes, realizing what he meant. "That's right... The weapon the boy used to kill Zabuza is questionable."

"It was just a senbon," Sasuke chimed in, finally understanding. "Could it be that...?"

"Yeah!" Ugetsu exclaimed, his eyes widening. "That's exactly what I'm thinking!"

Confusion filled Tazuna, Sakura, and Naruto's faces as they watched the boys discuss amongst themselves.

"What are you talking about?" Tazuna furrowed his eyebrows.

"Zabuza is still alive," Ugetsu revealed, causing Tazuna, Sakura, and Naruto to shout in shock, their jaws dropping and eyes bulging.

"But didn't Kakashi-sensei confirm his death?" Sakura asked, to which Kakashi nodded. "I did confirm it, but he was most likely in a near-death state."

"Maybe you're overthinking it," Tazuna suggested, but Ugetsu shook his head, recalling what his older brother had told him. "No, when a shinobi senses something strange, they must prepare for it before it's too late. It's one of the ninja's rules."

"Sensei, how can you prepare if you can't move for a while?" Sakura asked, concerned.

Kakashi chuckled. "I'm going to put all of you through some training."

"Now things are getting more interesting!" Naruto cheered.

"No, they're not," a voice came from behind. Everyone turned to see a little boy wearing a fisherman hat.

"Who are you?" Naruto asked, pointing at him with annoyance.

"Inari!" Tazuna exclaimed happily. "Where have you been?"

"I'm home, Grandpa," the boy replied, stepping into the room and running towards his grandfather for a hug. Ugetsu couldn't help but smile.

"Inari, say hello to them," his mother scolded. "These are the ninjas who escorted Grandpa."

The boy studied the four genins before turning to his mother. "Mom, they're going to die. There's no way a person can win against Gato."

Ugetsu turned to his team and smirked sarcastically. "Well, that was nice of him to say."