You Messed Up

" So Deb..." Spencer started as her and Deb settled into their normal seats in the back of the classroom. Deb sighed, turning slowly to look at her friend, she already knew what Spencer was about to ask. 

"Yeah?" She tried to be as nonchalant as possible. There was no way that Spencer hadn't figured it out already. 

"So you wanna talk to me about what happened with you and Michelle last night?" Spencer popped a brow, staring intently at her friend. "I didn't hear you come in until around eleven." She added, turning completely in her seat to get a better look at Deb. 

"Nothing happened." Deb shrugs, trying her best to keep her eyes focused on anything but her best friend at the moment. "I just took her to see some sites, we talked for a bit then I dropped her off. That's all." 

"Where'd you guys go to talk?"

"No where special, just the beach." Spencer knew that Deb was lying, they'd been friends since they were seven, she knew that Deb and Michelle liked each other. It was more than obvious to anyone paying attention.

"Deb, look at me." Spencer forces out her words, placing a hand over her best friends. She wasn't trying to judge Deb, she only wanted to know where her friends mind was. "We've been best friends for like ever, why are you lying to me? I know you like her. And I know she likes you."

Deb shakes her head, pulling her hand away. "No one likes anyone." As hard as Deb tried to convince herself she knew it was a lie. After meeting this stranger and only knowing her for a couple of hours Deb knew she was in trouble. 

Spencer sits back in her chair, playing with her hands. "You took her to the spot I told you Ashley took me to didn't you?" She asked, not even bothering to look at her friend. 

With a guilt ridden face Deb answered, "Yeah, I did." 

"And you guys kissed didn't you?" Spencer sighs, shaking her head. 

"Yeah." Deb drops her head in shame. And then the panic takes over. "Please don't tell Kyla, I love her and I don't want to hurt her." She turns to her friend and begs. 

"Then why did you do it Deb? What the hell were you thinking? How could you do this to Kyla after what you went through to get her?" 

"I don't know" Deb shrugs, because honestly she didn't have an answer. Michelle was just there, they had a moment and she let her lust cloud her judgment. I didn't want to at first but then all these feelings came over me and I couldn't help but kiss her."

"Are you going to tell Kyla?"

"You think I should?"

"Would you rather her hear it from you or someone else?" Spencer had a point, Deb wouldn't want this type of news coming from anyone else. 

"I guess you're right." Deb nods, understanding what she has to do. "I'll tell her tonight."

"That's good." Spencer nods in agreement. "I'm sure she'll forgive you. " She places a comforting hand on her friends shoulder. "She really loves you ya know." Spencer smiles trying to cheer Deb up. 

"Yeah, I hope so." Deb forces out a smile. 

"So what are you going to tell Michelle?" Spencer asked as the bell rang, signaling the end of class.

"Nothing." Deb says mortified at the prospect. "I think I'll just avoid her for a bit."

"Don't you think that'll be kinda hard considering the fact that we all have first period together." Spencer quirks a brow. Deb shakes her head, forgetting that little fact.