I Do Love You

Kyla kept replaying the words over in her mind. She couldn't believe what she had just said and neither could Ashley.

"Kyla, Oh my God." Ashley beams at her sister. "When did this happen?" She asks, scooting her desk closer to her sister. 

"I don't know." Kyla shrugs and shakes her head in disbelief. "I don't even know where that came from. I didn't even know I felt this way until this very moment." Kyla knew that what she was feeling couldn't be right. This whole relationship with Deb was never supposed to be real, produce real feelings. She only wanted to make Spencer jealous. To help a friend in need. But it'd become much more than that.

"Are you serious though?" Ashley questions. "Like you really really are in love with her?"

"Yes." Kyla nods and smiles with that realization. "I really am." She adds, dropping her head to look at her desk. How could she ever tell Deb?

"Oh my God, Kyla! I'm so happy for you guys. Are you going to tell her?" Ashley asks smiling. 

"I don't know." Kyla says somberly. Remembering the relationship was never real to begin with.

"I think you totally should." Ashley says cheerfully. Totally unaware of her sisters mood change. 

"Maybe I will." Kyla shrugs and changes the subject. "What are you and Spencer doing tonight?"

"Nothing that I know of." Ashley shrugs and pretends to pay attention to the teacher.

"Okay." Kyla says bringing her voice down to a whisper.  "So how about we all hang out and watch a movie or something and maybe I'll get up the courage to tell her then."

"Cool with me." Ashley nods then her lips curl up into a smile.

"What?" Kyla asks.

"Awe my little sis is in love." Ashley pokes her sisters arm.

"Shut up!" Kyla hits her sister.

"Ow!"

"Well be quiet then."

"Okay gosh." Ashley says with a smile. "You don't have to be so violent though."

The bell rang and class was over. At lunch they all sat together. Ashley keep looking at Deb and smiling.

"Ashley you okay?" Deb asks Ashley, confused at her constant staring. 

"Totally. I'm absolutely positively good. Yeah, I'm fine. How bout you?" Ashley says in a cheerful tone. 

"Um... I guess I'm okay." Deb replies, still completely confused at why Ashley was acting this way. 

"You'll be even better later." Ashley says, wiggling her eye brows at Deb. Kyla witnesses the exchange and hits her sister in the arm. 

"Excuse me?" Deb asks, raising a brow.

"She didn't mean anything by that." Kyla smiles and shakes her head at Deb. 

"Okay." Deb says skeptical of Ashley behavior. 

"Ashley, why are you acting so weird?" Spencer leans over and whispers to her girlfriend.

Ashley looks back between Kyla and Deb, who are now deep in conversation before turning back to her girlfriend and whispering. "Tonight Kyla is going to tell Deb that she is in love with her." She says and smiles wide like this revelation was the greatest thing in the world...well...Spencer didn't think so.  Spencer couldn't believe what she had just heard, she couldn't say anything from pure shock. She finally snapped out of her trans.