★ (Late) Birthday Special

A burst of glowing yellow lit the dark night sky.

Alfred always loved this. He loved the night of a special event, when the fireworks lit up the sky. They made him feel... melancholic, almost.

All around him were a ton of country representations. Some were talking or whispering to each other, while others watched the firework display in front of them with delight.

To his left was Arthur, and Matthew to his right. Alfred held on to Matthew's hand as more brilliant bursts of colors lit up the dark sky. Francis hovered behind them, his arms around Arthur and Matthew while his head was near Alfred's.

Arthur had a sour expression on his face. He'd never get over the Revolution, for sure. But Alfred knew that deep down, Arthur felt proud.

Looking away from Arthur, he turned to face the fireworks yet again. The show was impressive but minimal. Alfred had arranged for it to be like that.

The fireworks ahead burst into different colors, most being red and blue with some gold.

Alfred silently watched, a light smile on his face.

He is free. Independent. Strong.

He's had his times, his lows, his highs, he's pushed through it all.

That's how he's here today.

He didn't realize how quiet and still he was being until Matthew tapped him and raised an eyebrow.

Alfred just smiled and gestured to the fireworks ahead.

Matthew held on to his hand.

As the dark sky lit up with many various colors, signaling the finale, Alfred felt his eyes get slightly watery.

He was here, in his country, with his friends and family all around him.

There was absolutely no place that Alfred would rather be.

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────
CHARACTERS
America - Alfred F Jones
England - Arthur Kirkland
France - Francis Bonnefoy
Germany - Ludwig Beilschmidt
Italy - Feliciano Vergas
Spain - Antonio Fernandez Carriedo
Canada - Matthew Williams
Russia - Ivan Braginsky
China - Wang Yao
Japan - Honda Kiku
Prussia - Gilbert Beilschmidt
...and many more! Google names you don't know.

A/N
Motivation is horrible, kids. This chapter is supposed to be more of a reflective chapter, inspired by my events watching fireworks today.
Updates will he infrequent. I'm a bit busy and so it's been chaotic! I appreciate the support though, thank you!

To all my Americans, happy 4th of July!

Requests on chapter 1!
────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────