★ Rush

(This is part 2 of Faint.)

England panicked. Alfred had likely fainted right in the middle of the call. It was still going, but there was no response, just silence.

France, who had been sitting next to him in the meeting, came into the hallway.

"Angleterre, are you coming? You seemed awfully worried."

"Frog, A-Alfred just... crashed, in the middle of the call... I need Matthew,"

Francis's face shifted through emotions. He then pulled out his phone, and called Matthew.

Those minutes seemed like decades, each ring on the phone-

"Francis, it's around 3 in the morning..."

"Matthieu, no time to talk. Your brother just fainted in the middle of a call with England, and we are heading over right now."

"Wait, what the bloody-"

"What?! Where is Alfred???"

"I think he's in his house in Washington DC. I'll tell you more information later, but we have to come over immediately."

"I'm going to Alfred's, see you there."

"I'll explain everything when I meet you. See you."

Francis cut the call.

"What the bloody hell? We're in the middle of a meeting, professional matters! We can't just go like that!"

"Alfred is family, and family is priority. I know you care for him, and we need to help him."

Arthur sighed, and ran inside the meeting room to grab his stuff and make his leave, Francis following.

--------------- with matthew ---------------

Matthew did not like being woken up, especially at 3 in the morning.

He was ready to yell at whoever called him, but decided not to as he heard the worry in both Francis and Arthur's voices.

Something happened to Alfred.

Rushing out of bed, Matthew quickly contacted his government about where he was going, and arranged a plane to get to Washington DC.

Grabbing his backpack, he threw some snacks, clothes, water, and other necessities in there. Alfted had spare clothes, and always kept his kitchen stocked.

His brother was truly horrible at self care. Of course, Alfred's hygiene and all was great, but he did not know when to take breaks and really check on his mental health.

Slapping himself, Matthew changed out of his pajama, throwing on a shirt that said "Canadian Please" in big letters.

He grabbed his shoes and jumped in his car, driving to where the plane was.

After an 1-2 hour long journey, Matthew landed and headed for Alfred's mansion-sized house immediately.

He punched in the code to get past the gate, and then grabbed the spare key Alfred had given him a while back. Unlocking the door, he stepped in and looked around, turning lights on and looking for any sign of his brother.

It was obvious that Alfred had been awake earlier, with the now cold coffee cup sitting under the coffee machine.

Seeing the light on in Alfred's office, he walked in, and nearly tripped on-

Oh maple.

That was Alfred, freaking Alfred.

The seemingly lifeless, barely moving body was his own brother's. That he'd just tripped over.

Kneeling down, Matthew noticed how bad the condition of his brother was. Alfred was out cold, and seemed a bit pale, with had dark circles under his eyes. He looked drained, and seemed uncomfortable.

Matthew put a hand on Afred's forehead.

He was burning up.

Matthew picked him up and took him to his bedroom, laying Alfred on his bed. He knew his way around Al's house well enough. Alfred had a small box of things to use for sickness. Matthew grabbed the thermometer and went to check his brother's temperature.

101°F (38.3°C).

Matthew froze for a second.

Cursing, he grabbed a washcloth and wet it, then placed it on Alfred's forehead.

He made sure Alfred wasn't using too many blankets, and grabbed some medicine for when Alfred woke up.

Otherwise, there wasn't much he could do.

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────
CHARACTERS (mentioned)
America - Alfred F Jones
England - Arthur Kirkland
France - Francis Bonnefoy
Canada - Matthew Williams
...and some European nations that don't matter

A/N
IM PUMPED UP RN SO HERE'S SOME FOOOOOD!!! Is tbis a cliffhanger? Sorry. Or is this just the way you wanted this to end? (Great for you, then.)

I'm not a professional fever curer, and have not had to help anyone with a 101 fever. So please, do not attack Lady Liberty because of my Googled fever tricks. Instead, let me know kindly what I should do instead.

For anyone wondering how Matthew got to Alfred so quickly, it's because Matthew's a government person and therefore can casually have a flight ready in, like, 5 minutes. Don't come at me for innacuracy, because my goal is the suffering and angst, not the calculations of planes (ew, math!).

Hope you enjoyed! Want a part 3? 🙊

Requests on chapter 1!
────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────