Classes

Upon seeing them leave, Dusk was relieved. His crystal lights had flickered to life as the day was coming to an end. Once they had their token, they quickly made their way to the dormitories. Dusk slumped into his chair, reclined his head, and sighed at the impassive ceiling. He tried to mentally go through the events of the day while closing his eyes. School guides, mate bonds, and a rude and rather impertinent young woman—Dusk was aware that she would not let things go. Wasn't this new life supposed to be simple? When Dusk opened his eyes, he sighed once more. That was enough sulking. Dusk got to his feet and brushed his concerns off.

"I am able to handle this," Dusk reassured himself, looking around. He focused on things that he had control over. His castle and home were here. He was able to see everything he had missed during his initial shopping trips as he was moving around. It was simple to purchase additional items to fill the cabin and give it a homey feel; he would do it tomorrow after his adventure studies.

"Then there are Pyrite and Micah." On the counter top that Micah had used to serve them a straightforward meal, Dusk rubbed it with his fingers. They were decent individuals. Dusk thought about them. Pyrite was touchier than he liked, and Micah was more sensitive than he would have liked. Even so, he could cooperate with them. For the year, they would serve as his senior guides. Was he even allowed to be their friend once the nonsense about mates was over? Dusk paused. "I have not ever had a friend." That sounded more depressing when spoken aloud than it actually was in his head.

"Cooking and shopping are activities that friends typically engage in, right?" Dusk didn't mind the idea of having a friendship. Being closed off to people for so long. Could he do it? "I doubt they'll go away even if I make a mess of things on my end." Treating them like friends sounded like the best way to go. He nodded, feeling somewhat better about the thought. If he did not insult them, and it did not work because they wouldn't let the mate feeling go, then so be it. With them believing their mates and all. Dusk could still have a frame and an idea of how to make friends later. Micah seemed determined to deny his royal status, which made it easier. Naturally, that made Miss Thyst's attempt to intimidate her way into a bond easier.

"She was not really a threat, just annoying." After living with the Black family, what could she possibly do to him? Dusk brushed her off. Drop a plant pot on his head? Dusk scoffed at the very notion. She might try, but if she used magic, well, she would be expelled from school for that.

"The most powerful mage, huh?" Dusk observed his hands, which were covered in tiny scars. Being a blood mage, he would soon surpass everyone. Born from magic, there is no way he wouldn't. "I will be able to call my familiar tomorrow." They mocked his magic in the martial arts community. If only he had the slightest training. They would have never dreamed of doing that. "The first day of classes, that's when I find out." Learn about his true abilities by using magic to summon a familiar. Dusk curled his hands into fists. He was grinning so hard that his face began to hurt.

His magical studies class was scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Dusk couldn't wait. He tried to yawn, but years of practice prevented him from doing so. Making an extended yawning movement while keeping his lips closed. He'll go to bed early. Then tomorrow would come even sooner. Dusk chuckled at his own immaturity. It did not stop him from doing that, opening the door to his bookcase, and going to sleep early in anticipation of tomorrow. Due to the rarity of the occasion, Dusk was able to avoid having his typical nightmares.

He woke up early in the morning and gave himself a cold shower before finding an apple in his personal storage. Dusk opted to wear a loose, vibrant tunic underneath his school robes. With the help of Mable from Little Scissors, who introduced him to a soft cream pair of loose pants. He felt rested and at ease without the nightmare to trouble him. He noticed Pyrite and Micah outside, leaning against his fence. Dusk didn't even blink. He had a strategy, and once he had a strategy, Dusk felt good; it was those moments outside his plans that flustered him. Yesterday was an illustration of that.