crying (ch.24)

3:03am

Genya POV

I shot up and my breathing quickened. I covered my mouth and tried calming down as I looked around. Kotetsu was in between mui and I, I felt tears start in my eyes. I shut them tightly. I wanted to start sobbing. I got up quickly trying to not wake either of them up, I ran off to the bathroom and shut the door and covered my mouth, and started crying. I had a nightmare about my family again. I hated this. Why do I keep remembering them? I shouldn't. I heard a knock on the door. I gasped slightly. "Gen?" I heard Muichiro say. "Mhm?" I hummed. I was sitting against the door. "Are you okay?" He asked. I started crying more. "Can I come in?" Muichiro asked. "N-no I'm fine" I mumbled as I started crying more. "No you aren't, just..let me in please." Muichiro said. "I know your crying" he said. "I'm f-fine" I mumbled trying to calm down. Muichiro sighed. "I'm not leaving until you come out" he said sternly. "Or until you let me in" Muichiro added. I stayed silent. I was still crying.

After like 20 minutes Muichiro asked me if I was still alive at this point. "Mhm" I hummed. "Can I come in now?" Muichiro asked. "I g-guess" I mumbled sniffling and moved so Muichiro could come in. I sat on a different wall while he opened the door and closed it, sitting by me. "What's wrong?" Muichiro asked. I put my knees to my chest. "I just..I-it's stupid." I mumbled, "if your upset about, it's not stupid..now, whats wrong genya?" Muichiro asked I blushed. Hes so caring. "It's about my family" I mumbled. "What happened?" He asked. "W-well uhm one night my mom wasnt home and it was super late. Sanemi and I were still up- and uhm..our dad was stabbed to death before this and u-uhm.. Sanemi and I had promised to keep our siblings safe. A-and since Sanemi and I were up, I was concerned and Sanemi was as well, he told me to stay at our house with our siblings while he went and looked for our mom.. she uhm ended up becoming a demon, and killed my siblings.. Sanemi had to kill her and I was too young to know what happened and I called him a murderer. The rest of the nightmare was just Sanemi ignoring me and I was never able to apologize.." I mumbled pausing and just looking at the floor. I started tearing up again. I put my face into my knees, closing my eyes tightly. "I'm sorry" Muichiro mumbled softly. "I-its not your fault" I mumbled. "Still, that must've been horrible." Muichiro replied. I lifted my head up and looked at him. He hugged me tightly. I started sobbing again as I hugged him back. He was patting my head and rubbing my back just saying it'll be okay. I felt bad for making him listen to me. This is stupid. I shouldn't be crying about this it happened years ago. "I-im sorry" I mumbled. "Don't be, it's okay. You've comforted me before" he smiled softly at me. I blushed more. "Thank you" I mumbled. "Of course" he said. We sat in silence as I calmed down. Muichiro was sitting against the door now as I had my arms around his waist and my head was resting on his shoulder, he had his hand on my back and my head. I still felt bad for having him see me like this..

"Genya?" He mumbled. "Mhm" I hummed lifing my head up and looking at him. He moved his hand that was on my head to my cheek. I blushed more, "u-uhm" he stuttered. I blushed more as he just cupped my face with both of his hands now. He started leaning in. I blushed more..I didn't know what to do- well like I did but this was actually happening? He likes me like that? He closed his eyes and was a bit away from my face. I blushed more as I leaned in fully and closed my eyes. We kissed. It was so surprising to me that we actually kissed- I pulled away slowly and looked at him. He looked at me too. "I-im sorry-" he said. "It's okay!" I smiled. I hugged him tightly. I laughed slightly as I laid my head back on his shoulder. He laughed as well. He was so cute. I can't believe this. I picked my head up and kissed him on the cheek, he blushed. He looked at me and I saw a small smile form on his face, "how long are we gonna sit in the bathroom?" Muichiro said, his smile still on his face. I shrugged. "What if kotetsu is awake?" I asked, "he'll be fine, we can just say I was comforting you, which I was" he said, I nodded as I stood up and helped him up. He opened the door and we left the bathroom, ginko was staring at us. "Hey oh-" ginko said. I blushed more as Muichiro gave her a mean look. Ginko scoffed. "Whatd I do?!" She said. Muichiro rolled his eyes and looked to see if kotetsu was awake, he wasn't.

Words:895