Almost to Safety

Warnings:

-  Abuse

Shoto had barely slept the night before. His anxiety had run too high and every time he laid down to sleep his mind would come up with something new to worry about or obsess over. 

He knew that he would just be more tired for training and his father would likely notice his sluggishness and punish him but he couldn't bring himself to rest. 

Not to mention he was anxious all throughout his classes waiting for Aizawa or even Present Mic to call him out, stop him from going home. But they never did and he couldn't stop the stab of pain in his chest as he was walking home thinking about his teacher's lack of concern. 

They didn't know, he assured himself but he couldn't stop the ache in his chest as he forced himself to walk towards his doom. 

Way too soon he was in front of his house and took a deep breath before stepping inside. 

Shoto knew his father wasn't home, he wouldn't be for a few hours because of work but even stepping foot inside the house made Shoto feel heavy. The house was filled with bad memories, pain, tears, anger, hurt. 

Shoto could only remember small memories of his mother and siblings that made him feel warm instead of the burning pain when he thought of his childhood. 

He was greeted almost immediately by his sister and he couldn't stop the small smile making its way to his face.

"Shoto! I'm so glad to see you!" Fuyumi exclaimed as she hugged her brother. 

Shoto could see the minute signs of anxiety rolling off his sister but figured she was just anxious about Shoto's later training. 

After all, he had all weekend in this hellhole. 

Fuyumi never liked the training and Shoto knew that. 

He spent the afternoon with Fuyumi catching up on everything and asking about how Natsuo was. He rarely saw his older brother because of his hatred for their father. 

He called Natsuo occasionally but they had never been very close and conversation between the two always seemed awkward. 

When the afternoon began to bleed into evening they both heard the telltale sign of the front door slamming. 

Shoto quickly got up and headed to the training room, having changed into workout clothes earlier. His father never liked it when he wasn't there right away. 

He waits in the training room for no more than five minutes before he begins to feel the heat. 

It's suffocating and blistering seeping into his skin as he feels himself begin to sweat. The door bangs open and there is his father, his flames burning bright with a scowl on his face. 

Shoto knows he's in for a long night... a long weekend. 

Endeavor stomps into the room after closing the door heading right for Shoto. 

He grabs Shoto's wrist in a rough hold already leaving a faint burn. It's telling of how angry he is that he doesn't say a word. 

Shoto is used to this so he knows it doesn't hurt as much as it could. His father wants to draw this out.

(With Aizawa and Mic)

It felt wrong to Aizawa. 

To be sneaking around like this, recording a fellow pro hero without their knowledge. 

But with the information he had gathered he would do anything in order to keep Shoto safe. 

He also didn't consider Endeavor a pro hero anymore.