Reunion party

After a couple hours of lying around in bed you got a light knock on your door.

"Who is it?" You called loud enough for the figure outside to interpret but gently enough to not offend the figure outside.

"Ms Y/n it's just me." Said a small voice that you knew to be Ruben.

You slipped off your bed adjusting your nightwear before opening the door.

"Miss Emiko told me to give this to you." He said slightly timid but still energetic.

It was a fancy letter with a small note attached.

Before you could ask more questions the young Natalan boy had scurried off.

'Found something for you to do! Party near the city.
I'm getting Edward to take you to a fancy tailors in Fontaine run by someone who you might recognise ;). Party is at 9:30, masquerade and we have arranged for you to stay overnight at the party's venue.

Have fun,
~Emi xxx '

The note had a lot of personality to it so even without the context you could immediately tell that the charismatic diplomat had written it.

You sat on your bed grazing your thumb over the pressed wax seal of the letter.
Emiko had really outdone herself, an invitation of this quality was bound to be a hassle to obtain especially since it did not appear to be a plus-one invitation.

You relished in the sound of the wax seal lightly tapping as it was pulled away from the paper.

It's blue hue matched the tint and accents of the envelope perfectly and it too matched the silk coated letter inside.

On impulse you sniffed it. As someone who enjoyed books you also enjoyed every kind of biblomisa whether it was the smell of an inky antique Liyuen book or a freshly made copy like the letter you held in your hands even if it was lightly tainted by perfume.

'Dear miss Y/n L/n,

The whole of the Fontaine Diplomacy is rejoicing in your return to the nation'

The letter was personalised? You we're beginning to think that the invitation might not have been a request from your cousin.

'The owner of the grand Mingyun hotel himself has requested your attendance to this event.'

The owner of the Grand Mingyun, Mr J Huang. He was a old patron of the bar you used to sing at. A sweet old man who had earned the respect of the whole nation.

He was one of your more respectful patrons who would come in for a small drink to flirt with his wife.

You wanted to be like them when you became old.
They had been together since they were in there 20s and they had celebrated their 60th anniversary at your bar. Despite being together for six centuries Mrs Huang claimed she had never been more in love.

You wished you could grow old with someone like that.

'Your presence would undoubtedly bring light to this party. We request you come dressed in appropriate masquerade wear, the theme this year is 'Alice in wonderland' and we hope you dress accordingly. Beverages and other forms of catering will be provided.

We hope you could grace us with your attendance,

-Mr and Mrs Huang'

You glanced at your clock.

3:00.
You quickly slipped on an appropriate outfit for roaming around the shops of Fontaine.

You scurried down the many storeys from the servants floor to the ground floor, attacking to locate Edward's study.