The Fontrain

The bumpy cart ride to the station gave you time to think about everything.

You would miss Lisa and Margaret but in the end you would be happy to go.
You went to the city of freedom for freedom, now you had that freedom you were exited to go to the land of opportunity.

You sat on one of the benches at the station, pulling your coat around you to stop the biting wind making your teeth chatter.

You glanced up at the clock.

The Fontrain takes 3 days to come full circle so you had to do some maths to figure out when it would stop off at the Liyue station.

'Four minutes.' You thought in your head.

There wasn't many other passengers apart from you, the miners and the occasional merchant.

You heard a train whistle and saw the steam coming from the fontrain's chimney.

'Two minutes early.' You noted in your head as the train pulled to a stop.

You got up, grasping your suitcase in your hand and confidently stepping onto the back of the train after a couple of other passengers had boarded.

The first three cars were clearly storage and would take a while to load so the wait before the train would start would be a while.

The next few cars were smaller and had small rooms with room for about six people in; although they only contained one or two people.

You entered a room on the third passenger car. You opted for the empty room of the two on car number six.

You slid the door open before closing it behind you.

The sounds of the corridor were muffled to the point they resembled whispers.

You placed your luggage underneath the large seats and nestled yourself into the corner of the car near the window watching the scenery pass in the window.

It had been an hour on the train, you had almost fallen asleep due to the soft rocking of the fontrain, until you heard the soft sound of the room's sliding doors coming open drew your drowsy attention

"Hey do you mind if I join you my-" the person paused.

"Y/n? Is that you?" Spoke the person who you recognised well.

"Isaac? What are you doing here?" Your old friend sat down next to you.

You tried to hide it but you were super uncomfortable. He's your old friend in the sense that he is no longer your friend, at least in your eyes.

Back in Fontaine you had a short career as a club singer at most of the venues your cousins owned as a faction.

Isaacs parents owned one of the older clubs that you had also worked at, it wasn't owned by your family but it was an alliance of sorts.

Isaac always showed up to all of your shows and being an aspiring actor he rubbed shoulders with the Fontainian celebrities; he acted like he was your boyfriend, he was at every event you were at.

You were pretty sure that for the period he was working with your cousin Cilla and he was staying at the faction, he was stalking you.

After one night of singing you went back into your dressing room, the door to it didn't have a lock so normally you would barricade it however it could still be snuck into.

You were getting changed and you had found someone had stolen your garters. You had left them in the middle of the vanity in clear sight. You had a hunch it was him, the rest of the patrons were respectful and wouldn't have the guts to steal them which is exactly why you knew he did.

"The same as you I assume, headed back to Fontaine." He said sitting opposite to you.

"Why you headed back after all this time mouse?" You hated that nickname, there was nothing mouse like about you.

"Uh... I got into a relationship in mondstat but I finished my business in Mond so when my partner cheated on me, I didn't have any reason to stay." You said laughing sheepishly.

"I'm so sorry that happened y/n, I'd treat you so much better." He muttered the last part under his breath but your sharp ears very much picked it up.

That same feeling of discomfort when you couldn't find your garters creeped up your body.

You glanced at his watch.

5:00

You just had to endure this for an hour or so before you would be in one of Emi's cabs.

"So apart from that, how have you been?" He asked his olive green hair covering his left eye a little as he rested his face in his hands as if he was staring at you with his full attention, probably because he was.

"Okay. I've got to admit that returning to Fontaine is exiting, plus I'll be reunited with family and friends so it'll be a lot less lonely than Mondstat." You said trying to take up the time by talking so he has to at least wait before making another pass at you

"You got a place to stay? You can always stay at my manor until you get back on your feet." He said.

'Don't be specific about where you are staying' you thought as you prepared to answer.

"Don't worry I'm staying at one of Emiko's hotels. Not sure which one though, I'm kinda just hopping into a cab and letting it happen." You said doing a decent job at masking your discomfort.

You weren't simply scared of him because he had stalked you but because he had mob family. While Fontaine is full of fatui it's also full of other third parties like his dads mob and your family's faction.

You were scared of rejecting him because of what he could do to you.

You saw your stop and you mentally jumped in happiness.

You stood up and grabbed your suitcase.

"Ah, this is my stop I'll see y-"

"My stop too." You were cut off

'You've got to be kidding me' you cursed the archons internally

Don't forget to vote ppl