Ch.17 Hopelessly in love with Draco

A/N: 8 Months.

Harry sighed softly to himself and ran a hand through his messy, almost curly hair trying to tame the wild hair down for the dance which was due to star any moment now.

The past week had been very eventful. After the incident with Anthony Goldstein Harry was given detention for a few days with Snape, whilst Ron had been with McGonnogal. Hermione had finally came out with the information that her and Blaise were in a relationship (Because no-one knew whatsoever), Harry had also decided that he was hopelessly in love with Draco Malfoy, and that he would probably give up everything to be able to get him away from Anthony Goldstein and into his own arms.

"Harry, mate are you ready yet?" Dean asked while walking through the door and staring past his friend into the mirror to fix his hair up slightly and adjust his tie.

"Just about," Harry mumbled as he straightened out his jacket and turned to Dean a nervous smile on his face. Not one of his friends knew what he had planned for tonight, however he hoped that they wouldn't have to find out because this was something special to him and was something that he wanted to accomplish on his own. It was something he had to accomplish on his own, especially because right now it felt like his whole life had been leading up to this moment. Screw the prophecy and screw Voldemort - Harry had dealt with that a long time, and became a new person, he himself knew this was his new fate, a new starting point on the road to eternal happiness. That starting point you may ask? Draco Malfoy.

***

Harry took a deep breath before smiling at his friends and following behind them into the Great Hall, a nervous smile on his face as he fidgeted with the sleeves of his suit and continuously threaded his fingers through his hair - a very, very bad habit.

"Can you see him?" Harry asked Ron gently while biting down on his lip and going up onto his toes to try and find the blonde haired Slytherin.

"He's over in the corner sitting by himself," Ron frowned before patting Harry's shoulder, and pushing him indiscreetly in the direction of the blonde.

Harry's eyes widened however he did not stop as he made his way over to Draco and stood a few feet in front of him awkwardly waving.

"Uh hi," Harry smiled gently while scratching the back of his neck and shuffling from foot to foot gently.

Draco lifted his head in surprise and smiled gently at Harry.

"Hi Harry," Draco smiled slightly while tapping his fingers against the table cloth. "Would you like to sit down?"

Harry hummed before 'ohing' and sitting down across from Draco, quite flustered and overwhelmed.

"Are you having a good night?" Harry finally got out, a sheepish grin forming on his face.

"Not particularly," Draco laughed dryly. "Anthony was supposed to stay with me, however he instead decided to go and dance with half of the boys in the school," Draco 'tsked' while rolling his eyes.