Pampered and Wed

The day of the wedding was still July the eighth, so Maggie and I went ahead and ordered the announcements and made sure the location was changed. I finally decided on my wedding colors with Maggie's help, and I was ready to start shopping when Henry's mother contacted me and said she had a wedding planner and not to worry about anything. I had not sent out the announcements that I had ordered, and she suggested that I cancel them. Before I knew it, she was at my house hugging me and was excited about planning this wedding because she believed she would never have this opportunity since she had all boys and no girls. But also because she believed that Henry would ever marry. Maggie was happy about it because the only thing she had to do now was my bachelorette party, which was easy because many women at church, who had done it before, helped her plan a gathering to shower me with bride gifts and create a simple, conservative, yet elegant bridal shower with games and other social grace to engage everyone. With the help of Gemma and other ladies from the church, they planned the party and decided together to have it in June before I left for Yorkshire to finish planning the wedding with the wedding planner and Marianne-Henry's mom. She was with me most of the time along with the wedding planner. Whether it was choosing venues, caterers, cakes, dishes, and sorts of decorations that went with the colors that I had picked. I am sure she was annoyed by my indifference in which kind of runners to get and what kind of vases or flowers. To me, they all were nice but I was not sure about what I wanted. If I was not saying, "I do not know they are all so pretty," I would be saying, " I do not know. Which do you think is best Marianne?" She would usually just decide when I could not come up with a decision for myself. We had not started looking for dresses yet because we knew that with my pregnancy anything I would try on at the moment would change then, so by the wedding planner's advice-Kiera-we would start looking at wedding dresses by June. At the moment, we were choosing a dress for the maid of honor-Maggie and the bridesmaids which I was not going to have but by Kiera's behest I chose Emma, Eva, and Millie. Marianne asked if I wanted my sister to be a bridesmaid. After I explained that she was in Mexico, and I did not know if she would be able to make it to any of the fittings, she let Kiera know about it who devised a plan to get her measurements and soon we had chiffon champagne colored bridesmaid dresses with short loose frayed sleeves. Henry video called me when he could. He was working late hours. Every time he did, he asked if Marianne and I were getting along. I assure him that I was annoying her with my indecisions to choose anything. Our chats did not last long, but we kept in touch throughout the day. I had to drop some students so that I would have more time for planning the wedding. From the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed, I was planning something, making decisions of something or other and Marianne was there helping. I was still adamant about saying my prayers, even if I fell asleep in the middle of saying them, and I listened to the scriptures instead of studying when I could, especially when feeling down or overwhelmed. When reading them, I could feel a weight off my shoulder. I could feel the savior helping me through it all and guiding me every step of the way in my decisions and my thoughts. I felt closer to the lord. Sometimes I would receive guidance or feel his love for me. I knew he was aware of me and my needs. Filled with inner peace and gratitude for my current blessings, I divided my day into reaching four students and planning for the wedding with Marianne who was staying in the area. Her sweet nature, yet strong will did not clash with my serious nature and malleable will. My indecisiveness and her decision-making skills coincided with mine and we agreed on almost, if not, everything which made it easier for us to get along. Marianne automatically felt like a friend- a long lost friend. Though there were times that she seemed a bit bossy, I talked to her about more than just wedding plans. Most of the time we were either speaking about Henry or just life in general and that was my favorite because I could see Henry in her. I could see the influence she had on him and how like-minded they were. Being with her, talking to her, and getting to know her helped me understand Henry better, during dinner with her and Maggie one evening, while talking about how Henry and I met, she smiled at me and said, "it is when we are not looking for love that we stumble upon it, and we usually find it in places we did not expect to find it." Her poetic wisdom and the way she said it made me think of the way Henry spoke. It was almost as if I was hearing him speak. Her tone and manner of speaking was like Henry's or Henry's like hers, except for when he is being sarcastic, which is more often than not. Her manner of speaking and of carrying herself with such poise and elegance helped me realize that Henry's own poised and self-assured nature was a family trait. Suddenly, I was thankful for her and her efforts for raising Henry the little boy who had become this giant of a man who exemplified all of the qualities of an honorable man, a man of good nature filled with loving affection and good sense. I could not wait to see him again after that conversation even though I knew it would be another month of being with Marianne and without him. My only consolation was talking to him via video chat.