Timing

It took me several days to decide how I was going to share with him my own feelings, and after much deliberation, I decided that I would handwrite a letter and hand it to him before he got on the plane back to filming. His astonishment took me by surprise.

I smiled and told him that I wanted him to read it while alone. He examined it and asked what it said, but I was firm and told him that he would have to read it to find out. He was smiling back at me as he boarded the plane, and I wondered what he would think and say once he read the letter. We waved goodbye towards each other and gave each other, and I am going to miss you half smile. Once he was out of sight, I imagined him opening the letter after sitting down and getting comfortable for the flight and reading each word I wrote the night before.

Dearest Henry,

I am astounded by the words on your post. I have never felt that I was in any way a source of anyone's happiness or high regard. I cannot express exactly how your words make me feel and what joy they bring to my heart and mind. To return the kindness and loving words, I have decided to write to you so that you may know how you make me feel and the affection I hold for you.

I did not feel the need for love. Yet, when I met you, everything changed. I knew that I had only been living half a life and that the companionship and support that you have given me is more than I could have ever hoped for. Your smile puts a smile on my face. I am enveloped by a sense of security protection, and love when I am around you.

You are, to me, a source of strength I never knew I needed. Before you, I was always taking care of myself and others. Independent, willful, and strong. I was able to hold my own and although I had my faith in God in my life, I did not particularly see the need to have someone else in my life. It is as though you have this magical shield around you that only you can provide. I love who you are and what you are. Your love for me astounds me. I never felt so loved by anyone, nor have I ever felt to be such an imminent part of someone's life, and I am glad of it for it has given my life a new and infinite purpose.

I will love you always no matter what,

Alejandra

He called me as soon as he got off his flight to say he loved me and that he could not wait to have me by his side. We spoke for a while about where the wedding would be an about things that I never thought about because I had never wanted to have a wedding ceremony, but together we were able to decide to have it by the beach in Mexico, so my parents and family would hot have to travel. He liked it because it seemed more inconspicuous than any other place. we decided that we would announce it to all our family and friends. I thought of the Allen's and though I did not know if they could attend, I still wanted them to receive an announcement and invitation. We decided that it would be best to keep it simple, nothing too fancy, but knew that we wanted to celebrate with the people closes to us. He expressed a desire to have one of his best friends to be his best man and wondered if I had anyone in mind for my maid of honor. Because I had never thought about it, I had to think about it and realized that if I were to have a maid of honor it would be Maggie, but though I knew she would do it, I was not sure that she would travel to Mexico for it. We also discussed whether we would have a honeymoon to which he expressed his wish of wanting to take me to Italy. I pointed out that I did not know if I would be able to travel by that time which also made our nuptials in Mexico an impossibility.

The more we talked about it the more we realized that we could not marry in Mexico on the day we met July the 8th. More specifically because it landed on a Wednesday. He reasoned that we could do it if we travelled to Mexico a week or two before to which I agreed and then asked if he would be finished filming by then. Unsure of the answer to that question, he realized he needed to make sure before we continued planning the wedding. We had to stop planning and moved to another subject- baby names. We named all the ones we liked but could not settle on one. We realized that we both liked many of the same ones but could not decide on which one or ones. We ended our conversation by agreeing that we had enough time to pick one. We hated having to hang up, but we both had to wake up early and my pregnancy was keeping me tired all of the time, so I needed to get to sleep. The next day, as I was helping the first virtual student of the day, Henry texted me asking me if I could talk. I replied that I could not at the moment but that I would call him as soon as I could. He explained he did not know when he would be available to talk again, so he went ahead and informed me that he would be done filming before the eighth of July and to keep planning for the wedding. I did not know what else to plan, but I was glad that we could do it on that day even if it was weekday. When Maggie was back from home, I took the opportunity to ask her if she would be my maid of honor and if she was willing to travel to Mexico. She gladly consented and quickly began asking about wedding plans that I already had.