Chapter One: Finally A Couple

The summer after Annabeth's Fifth Year at Hogwarts, she received a letter from the school announcing she'd received an E-Owl on all her subjects. Fred and George also got letters stating they'd each earned three Owls, which would determine which advanced courses they could take. While Molly and Arthur were happy that the twins had each gotten three, they had told them they should have studied more like Annabeth. Annabeth revealed to her godparents that she rarely studied, if ever, which shocked all of the Weasleys, especially Percy.

------

One afternoon, just after Annabeth and Roxy had returned from their vacation to Morocco, they both sat in the sitting room as Kringle brought in the tea for them. The house elf set down the tray and bowed.

"Thank you, Kringle." Annabeth thanked.

"You're very welcome, Mistress." Kringle smiled before leaving the ladies to talk.

Roxy smiled after the agreeable house elf as she left the room. After pouring the tea, Roxy turned to her niece. "Now, you wanted to speak to me about something?"

Annabeth sighed. "Yes. You know how I feel about George, and how I am absolutely sure he feels the same for me, but we have always sort of silently agreed not to do anything about it until we were old enough?"

"Yes, I do."

"Well, I feel as though we're finally old enough and yet George hasn't said anything about it. I mean we turned sixteen three months ago, and he hasn't even hinted to it."

Roxy thought over Annabeth's predicament as she sipped her tea. "Maybe you should take the initiative and ask George out. After all, it is the twentieth century. Women can do many things, even ask men out."

"You know what, Aunt Roxy? You're right. I think I'll do just that!"

------

The next day, Annabeth Flooed to the Burrow. It was late July. All the Weasleys were in the sitting room to greet her but Percy.

"There she is!" Fred said excited.

George came up and lifted her into a hug. "Now that the boring part of your summer's over, welcome back to the fun part."

"Oh, George. Annabeth enjoys her trips with Roxanne." Molly told her son as she pushed her way through to get to her goddaughter. "Lovely to see you, Dear." Molly kissed her cheek and hugged her before reaching out her hand. "Come on, hand it over." Annabeth sighed and pulled out her wand, handing it to Molly. "Good girl."

"Well, how was the trip to Morocco?" Arthur asked.

"Wonderful. I'll tell you more at dinner, Uncle Arthur. First, I'd like to unpack." Annabeth told him.

"I got it." Ginny said as she took Annabeth's bag and led her off to their shared room.

After Ginny finished helping Annabeth unpack, Annabeth made her way to the twins' room only to find it empty. She wandered down the stairs back to the sitting room where she found her Aunt and Uncle.

"Seen Fred and George?"

"They're outside. Most likely planning something on Percy." Arthur informed her.

"Try putting a stop to it, won't you, Dear?" Molly asked her.

"Sure, Aunt Molly." Annabeth replied before leaving the house. Outside she found the twins huddled over a table outside Arthur's building of Muggle Artifacts. Knickknacks and such that filled the room. "Fred!" Annabeth called out. When the boys turned, she waved Fred over. George started to follow, but she put out a hand for him to stop. "No, just Fred." The twins looked to each other and shrugged before Fred ran over to Annabeth. They started wandering down the drive. "I was hoping you'd be willing to give me and George some time alone tonight."