Chapter Five: The Age Line

As soon as the feast ended, Annabeth was off the bench and running over to Mad-Eye. He hugged her tight and messed her hair. "There ya are. I'm glad you're back at Hogwarts for another year."

"I'm so excited that you're here this year. We'll have awesome Defence Against the Dark Arts classes!" Annabeth exclaimed.

Fred and George came up behind her after they'd given her a minute with the Auror. "Boys. Good to see you again. Stayin' out of trouble?"

"Never." Fred and George said in unison as they each shook Mad-Eye's hand. He chuckled at them.

"Never expected ya to."

Annabeth cleared her throat as Mad-Eye looked behind the twins and Annabeth. "Mad-Eye, there's something you should know." She was worried how he'd take the news. After all, he was protective of her and if he really was her father that was probably why. "George and I started dating about a month ago."

Mad-Eye wasn't really paying attention. "What?" He looked back at her a second.

"I said George and I started dating."

"Yeah—yeah, that's nice. Head off to bed now, you three. No staying up late. Don't want any detentions this early in the year." He looked back over their shoulders and wandered off.

"That was odd."

Fred laughed. "Odd? Every interaction I've ever had with Mad-Eye Moody is odd. That's what makes them normal."

"You don't think he was mad that George and I are dating, do you?"

George took Annabeth's hand. "I don't think so, Annabeth. I'm sure he just needs to talk to Dumbledore or something. Don't worry about it."

Annabeth shrugged. "Alright." She yawned. "Let's get to bed. I'm tired." The three walked to Gryffindor Tower, George holding Annabeth's hand. When they separated so Annabeth could change, George had to kiss her first.

"Come on. Enough mushy stuff. You'll see her in a minute." Fred complained. Annabeth chuckled and made her way up the girls' staircase.

After she'd changed and made to head out, Annabeth heard Alicia sigh. "Sneaking out first night again, Annabeth?"

"Yes, Alicia. Don't worry, I won't get caught." Annabeth reassured her friend.

"Course not. Annabeth's a teacher's pet." Angelina told them. "McGonagall's favourite. No wonder she's only in trouble half the time when Fred and George get in trouble all the time. It's only going to get worse now that her supposed dad is here."

"Hey, I try to serve my time just like them, but every time we almost get caught Fred or George push me into hiding so I don't get caught. You want to bitch at someone, bitch at them." Annabeth slammed the dorm room door behind her and stomped over to Fred's and George's dorm.

When she came in, George noticed how angry she was, sighed, and crossed the room to hug her. "Let me guess. Angelina again?"

"She makes me so angry sometimes. Ugh!" George rubbed Annabeth's back until she started to calm down.

Fred smirked. "Y'know, she's not actually that bad."

Annabeth scowled at him. "You say that because you like her." She sighed. "I hate to tell you this, Fred, but it's George she likes."

Fred shrugged. "I know. But you're madly in love with George and he's madly in love with you, so much so that sometimes I want to puke, so what difference does that make? Sooner or later Angelina's just going to have to accept defeat, and when she does, I'll be there to dry her eyes. I do, after all, have a way with women."