Chapter Two: The Quidditch World Cup

When Harry and Hermione had arrived at the Burrow to learn that Annabeth and George were dating, Hermione was happy for them. Harry, on the other hand, just shrugged, and went off with Ron.

The morning of the Quidditch World Cup final, Annabeth walked between Fred and George, hand-in-hand with George, behind Arthur with Hermione and Ginny behind them and Ron and Harry a ways behind bringing up the rear as Arthur led them towards the forest at dawn.

"Where are we actually going?" Annabeth heard Harry ask Ron.

"Dunno." Ron answered, still half asleep. As they entered the forest, Ron called out to Arthur, and Annabeth and the twins looked back at him. "Hey, Dad! Where are we going?"

"Haven't the foggiest." Arthur answered. "Keep up!"

Annabeth, Fred, and George turned back and followed after Arthur. They came upon a man standing by a large tree.

"Arthur!" The man bellowed and Arthur waved. "It's about time, Son."

"Sorry, Amos." Arthur turned to look at Ron and Harry as Ron yawned. "Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start." Arthur turned back and motioned to the man. "This is Amos Diggory, Everyone. Works with me, at the Ministry." Suddenly, a young man Annabeth and the twins instantly recognized from their Quidditch games fell out of the tree Amos stood under. "And this strapping young man must be Cedric. Am I right?"

"Yes, Sir." Cedric, the Hufflepuff House Quidditch Team Captain and Seeker, answered. Cedric happened to be handsome, to some, behind Annabeth, Ginny and Hermione had clearly noticed, but Annabeth had only really ever had eyes for George and had never been fazed by the general handsomeness of Cedric Diggory or any other male student at Hogwarts. It may have been due to the fact that Annabeth couldn't even remember when she had fallen in love with George, she just knew she'd always been in love with him, even when she was a child. Though she didn't understand what her feelings were then. That term, Annabeth and the twins were starting their Sixth Year at Hogwarts and Cedric his Seventh.

"This way." Amos directed the group. Arthur followed after Cedric, who knew the way, with Annabeth, Fred, George, Hermione, Ginny, and Ron behind him. When Amos got eyes on Harry he exclaimed. "Merlin's Beard! You must be Harry Potter!"

"Yes, Sir" Harry reached out to shake Amos's hand.

"Great pleasure."

"Pleasure to meet you too, Sir."

Annabeth walked up the hill still hand-in-hand with George as Ginny ran ahead towards the Portkey. "Yes, it's just over there." Amos called out.

"Shall we?" Arthur encouraged. "We don't want to be late."

"Hurry up! Come on. Get ready now. Get yourself into a good position." Amos instructed as he, Arthur, Ginny, Hermione, Ron, and Cedric circled the boot to lay down.

"Why are they all standing around that manky old boot?" Harry asked the twins and Annabeth who were still coming up the hill.

"That's not just any manky old boot, Mate." George told him as Annabeth dropped his hand to lay down and touch the boot.

"It's a Portkey." Fred informed him before he and George laid down by Annabeth.

"What's a Portkey?" Harry asked.

"Ready? After three." Amos called out as everyone else got their hands on the boot. "One, two..."

Annabeth felt the bond flare alive as she looked up to find Harry still kneeling by the boot but not touching it. In fear she called out to him with her godfather. "Harry!" Harry threw his hand out to grab the boot.