Chapter 17 - Wilson

Katie's P.O.V - Four and a Half Years Later - Present Day

I turned the door handle, slowly and quietly opening the door, peaking into the house.
I looked around, not a sound or body. "OK..." I whispered. "Coast's clear."
"Baby, just go in." Sid snickered at me, pushing the door open, having been standing behind me.
"Dude!" I whined, as he just walked in.
He smiled at me, holding his arms out, showing the was nothing to be afraid of, standing in the front hall... How I wish a fucking cheetah would just tackle him now. I'll let Crissy take care of it.
"She'll be here in a minute..." I heard the woman herself, with the sounds of the back door sliding open, with her walking into the kitchen.
"Oh, yeah..." Jim knew. He's not told. Thank you, Jim!
"Ready?" Sid offered me his hand, smiling at me, just like on the night we met.
"No." I said, taking his hand anyway, walking into the house.

He shut the door behind me, and we walked into the kitchen.
Crissy held a bowl full of home made punch, having invited everyone round for a barbeque, which is why I asked Jim to wake me up, so I didn't miss out on it.
She turned our way, aiming on placing the punch in the centre of the island table, the centre piece of the evening, when she saw Sid and I standing in the doorway. The bowl fell from her hands, her mouth agape, staring at us, the punch falling to the floor, glass shattering, her outfit covered in the purple-y-pink beverage.
Jim rushed in, hearing the glass, before he saw us. "Sid?! You're back?!" He was such a bad actor.
"YOU KNEW!" Crissy screamed at Jim, wide eyed. "What the fuck is he doing here?! Where are you holding hands?! What is going on?!" She screamed out in hysterics.
"We'll come back later..." I grabbed Sid's hand, pulling him for the door, wimping out.
He pulled me back, hard, having me crash into him, where he wrapped his arm around my waist, preventing me from going anywhere, looking over at Crissy. "I came home." He said plainly.
She was ready to give him a piece of her mind, when Jim stepped forward, stopping her.

"Katie's not an idiot." He started. "Sid and Kate have a hell of a history... Sid is still Sid. The alien you all went to school with. He's still our friend, always was... Just let them sort it out and whatever happens, happens. If he does it again, he won't be leaving Iowa alive. That's a promise." Jim held up a warning finger to Sid at the end.
"So, are you back, then...?" Crissy asked Sid, calming herself down, internally reminding herself we're all adults.
"I'm back... And I'm staying. I got a taste of what I thought I wanted, but nothing could compete with the rush of being in this town, with the most lunatic bunch around... Here is where Katie is, and it's here my life is." Sid smiled down at me, holding me close. "It's here my life started and I wouldn't have any of it, if it wasn't for you guys."
I hugged his neck, smiling bright. "Be chill, Criss!" I warned her, having my old life back.
"I mean..." She was lost for words. "You are Sid. Not easy to hate you..."
"I'm one of a kind." He grinned, looking to her.
"He was on the train last night. This is the first I've seen him, but when I went to wake Katie up... Sid was still sleeping." Jim explained how he knew.
"So, you're living together again?" Crissy asked us.
"Uh..." I looked up at Sid.
"Yeah. We are..." He looked down at me, smiling. "I can't be without you. I love you."

. . .

"How come I wasn't invited to any of this?" Sid asked, sat at the patio table, as everyone brought him up to date on life in Iowa. The weddings, funerals, that one christening Mick and I accidently crashed somehow....
"Because Katie didn't leave!" Corey joked, sat to my left, as I sat between him and Sid.
"Ha! Ha!" Sid shot him the finger, before smiling at him. "It's weird that you're blond man."
We all laughed.
"I like it better." Corey flipped his hair, looking like some prince charming looking bitch, making us laugh more.
"You and Clown get married, sadly not to each other, Jim and Crissy are engaged!" Sid couldn't believe it.
Mel nudged Corey, sat on his left.
"Right, so on that note. We've actually got news to share." Corey smiled, looking to us all.
"PAY UP, BITCH!" I laughed, looking to Crissy.
"Fuck you! They haven't said it yet!" Crissy laughed, over at the barbeque with Jim and Shawn.
"SHE HASN'T TOUCHED A DROP OF THE ALCOHOL THE WHOLE TIME WE'VE BEEN HERE!" I pointed at Mel, smiling at Crissy.
"We're pregnant!" Mel confirmed, forcing Crissy to pay up.
"We already knew. We had put a bet on." Shawn smiled, yet still congratulating the two.
"I fucking knew it." Corey laughed, looking at me.
"Had too. You kept making dad jokes, when you freaked out, last night." I smirked.
He laughed, unable to deny it.

Craig and Chris were still around, just doing their own thing as they do. 
Paul Dedrick Gray, #2, and Nathan Jonas 'Joey' Jordison, #1, are no longer with us, but we, as our own little band, keep their memories alive with us.
Corey and Mel would go on to have a son, who in his teen years, I corrupted into getting involved with the ghost hunting, which would result in the both of us jumping out on Corey to really fuck with the fucker.
Shawn and Kelsey would go on to expanded Shawn's filming business, helped Stone Sour get chart topping success, and the recognition Shawn deserves as a director.
Jim and Crissy would go on to get married and have a couple of kids of their own. Crissy became stay-at-home mom, while Jim was out playing guitar for the world... They made it work? I don't know.
Mick would go on to meet Ashton, who came into the shop, looking for decorations for a house party she was hosting. Of course, I spread the word and she got a bigger turn out than she expected, where I pointed her out to Corey and he went on to play cupid all over again for them.
As for Sid and I... He still DJed, but like he used to do, only now it was Iowa or bust.
At the end of the year, he proposed to me, and I couldn't say 'no'. We built our lives back together, and created the future we once talked about, only this one had the Iowa skyline...

The End